BRING ME THE HORIZON Covers ANOHNI's 'Drone Bomb Me'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
BRING ME THE HORIZON has released a cover of "Drone Bomb Me" as part of Spotify's "Spotify Singles" series. The original track was recorded by , the songwriter and singer formerly known as Antony Hegarty. "Spotify Singles" was launched in 2016 and features artists recording at least two live songs — an original and a cover — for release exclusively on Spotify. As the name suggests, the "Spotify Singles" concept channels back the good old days of vinyl and CD singles. In addition to "Drone Bomb Me", BRING ME THE HORIZON's "Spotify Singles" includes an acoustic version of the band's song "Mother Tongue". BRING ME THE HORIZON's latest album, "Amo", was released in January via Columbia Records. The band spent last summer writing and recording in Los Angeles, with singer Oli Sykes and keyboardist Jordan Fish handling production. Regarding the musical direction of "Amo", Sykes said: "We didn't really know what we wanted, but we just knew we wanted to be different. We wanted to still be BRING ME THE HORIZON, but make people feel the things they felt with us in different ways and try to do it sonically different. And it took a while to find that sound and stuff, 'cause I think, for me, I love the fact that I can sing now and I can write these lyrics that have important messages and they can almost stick in people's heads, so that they're easier to get across. So, for us, we still wanted those huge choruses, but I feel like we had so much experimentation in us that we've been dying to do for maybe the last five years or so."

Continue reading...