British Steel to be performed in its entirety on US Tour!

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
From the Judas Priest official MySpace site:

To celebreate the 30th anniversary of our album 'BRITISH STEEL' we are very pleased to announced we will be performing the whole album in its entirety during our US 2009 Summer Tour plus some other Priest classics!!!

I guess that beats playing "Nostradamus" live :ill:. For those of you in USA, enjoy the show and scream for me :headbang:

honestly as much as i'd love to see Priest live again I've never been much into British Steel. of their really popular albums I'd say it's easily the worst of the bunch. I'd much rather hear all of Sad Wings or Sin After Sin or Stained Class... hell honestly I even enjoy Point of Entry more than British Steel. Still so long as the set is padded out with other classics I'd love to see 'em again. :)

honestly as much as i'd love to see Priest live again I've never been much into British Steel. of their really popular albums I'd say it's easily the worst of the bunch. I'd much rather hear all of Sad Wings or Sin After Sin or Stained Class... hell honestly I even enjoy Point of Entry more than British Steel. Still so long as the set is padded out with other classics I'd love to see 'em again. :)

I agree about BS. I would much rather hear Hell bent for leather or any other album from the 70's. Defenders would be a better choice also.

I agree about BS. I would much rather hear Hell bent for leather or any other album from the 70's. Defenders would be a better choice also.

If they play DOTF live in its enterity, I fly wherever I can to listen to it :headbang::worship:

If they play DOTF live in its enterity, I fly wherever I can to listen to it :headbang::worship:

If they play DOTF or "Screaming for vengeance" HAlford would die in 20 minutes. Unfortunately he can´t sing some of those tunes nowadays.

I saw them a couple of days ago in Madrid and they NEED to adapt the set list to Halford. He can´t sing "Sinner", "Dissident agressor" or mainly "Painkiller". Those songs killed his voice and he couldn´t hit the notes on the encore ("Hell bent", "Green Manalishi", "Another thing coming" and "Living after midnight")

About "British steel", well, I like a lot that album... but I hate listening over and over again "Metal gods", "Breaking the law" and "Living after midnight". Annoying :oops:

If they play DOTF or "Screaming for vengeance" HAlford would die in 20 minutes. Unfortunately he can´t sing some of those tunes nowadays.

I saw them a couple of days ago in Madrid and they NEED to adapt the set list to Halford. He can´t sing "Sinner", "Dissident agressor" or mainly "Painkiller". Those songs killed his voice and he couldn´t hit the notes on the encore ("Hell bent", "Green Manalishi", "Another thing coming" and "Living after midnight")

About "British steel", well, I like a lot that album... but I hate listening over and over again "Metal gods", "Breaking the law" and "Living after midnight". Annoying :oops:

Yes I heard the same reviews for now a considerable time. It seems Rob can't do it as he used to. So sad he can't sing properly such wonderful classics anymore.

As for getting tired of songs from BS I understand your point, but look at my side...I have NEVER seen JP live (besides a DVD) so whatever they play (except stuff from "Nostrabamos" :heh:) it's fine for me.

I love British Steel. I'd go see them if they came near me, but not for Nostradamus.

From the Judas Priest official MySpace site:

I guess that beats playing "Nostradamus" live :ill:. For those of you in USA, enjoy the show and scream for me :headbang:

Does that mean that Rob will actually be able to stand up (instead of being bent over all show long reading his teleprompter)? I mean, he must know the lyrics of these old songs...

This was a major annoyance point for me when I saw Priest live in 2005 and 2008...

That will also be a show worth kiling for :headbang:

Yes and Rocka Rolla wouldn't be bad either..just to hear Dying to Meet You and Run Of The Mill live! No matter how Rob gets around the high notes,that early shit needs some serious stage time.

Sin after Sin and Stained Class too!

so did priest ever do the nostradamus album front to back live like they said they would?

Not yet as far as I know, but they're considering it. Maybe they're taking the pulse of the audience to know if it will be a good idea or not (like when Maiden came out to perform AMOLAD in its enterity on tour). You have to be careful with your potential audience in times of crisis .

I've read 'bout it, I just wonder if they'll perform it as it was originally recorded, or in their current style.