Britny Fox Cinderella choices in cover tunes

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Was listenin' to both of these bands this evening. What excellent choice in covers they made.
B.Fox-Hair of the Dog(Nazareth):worship:
B. Fox-Gud Buy T. Jane(That was Slade, wasn't it?):worship:
Cinderella-Move Over(Janis Joplin):worship:

Or how about Motley Crue's-Teaser(Tommy Bolin)?:headbang:
They had a real dud with Anarchy In the U.K.(Sex Pistols).
I actually prefer Megadeth's Version. Even that one doesn't really wind my watch. :ill: I like Dee Snider's Version of Got to Hell(Alice Cooper). Has anyone heard that one? Just fits him very well.:p Impellitieri's version of Since You're Been Gone(Rainbow), is that really a cover? Graham Bonnet sang on the original! :erk: How about Vince Neil doing I Wanna be Sedated(Ramones)? Or his version of Blondes Have More Fun(Rod Stewart)? Vince doing a punk song? That went over as well,as the Crue covering Anarchy...o_O
Motorhead:worship: doing Louie, Louie(Who the hell did that originally?). The first time I heard that one I just about soiled my drawers. I needed to know who the hell was doing that song. I never cared for the song. That one got me interested. In another thread I had posted :worship: Maiden's versions of Doctor, Doctor(UFO) & My Generation(The Who) absolutely KILL! :worship:
Well enough of my ramblin' I could go on & on on cover songs. Again what inspired the thread was that Damn Britny Fox & Cinderella! :err: Damn them!:err:

Britny Fox's cover of Hair Of The Dog is a KILLER! I love it! Much better than Guns N Roses crappy version on The Spaghetti Incident (and thats the best track on the Spaghetti Incident too haha what a crap album).

I'm not familiar with Britney Fox so I can't tell whether I'd like it. But I know for sure that the cover of Move Over is nothing to get me excited about. I don't know, shouldn't a cover song be among the best of a band's?
If you want to listen to a really great cover then go for W.A.S.P.'s Paint It Black. It sounds like The Stones wrote it just for that purpose.

DrillSergeant said:
If you want to listen to a really great cover then go for W.A.S.P.'s Paint It Black. It sounds like The Stones wrote it just for that purpose.
I beg to differ that song & their version(Stones' included) is utter dog shite!
If you wann listen to WASP do a "GOOD" Cover song check THE REAL ME or I DON'T NEED NO DOCTOR!

I gotta tell ya a CLASSIC cover song....Johnny Cash doing Glenn Danzig's "13". Talk about a song that somebody really takes and makes their own. The man in black. That's what it's all about for me! Even Glenn admits that Johnny just rules on that track.

baldyboy said:
if you want to hear a good version of paint it black,grip inc did one.lombardo double bassing over the verse.it was quite cool.
Like I said, I could careless about that track. I would be more interested in hearing that. Blackie Balless? Something about a washed up fat mediocre musician, prancing around stage with a cock piece & the ass cut out of his pants... I don't know if that's more pathetic or just comical?! He's like a wounded "Animal" that need to have a slug put in it's dome & put out of it's misery!:p