Briton Rites

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Traditional NWOBHM metal here very much reminding of Witchfinder General and Black Sabbath of course. 2 epic tracks on myspace clocking in at 8 and 9 minutes respectively so they don't get anywhere very quickly which is just a tad testing on my patience. However if you're an old bastard with a penchant for the real old school then Briton Rites will float your boat or snap your neck as the case may be!

http://www.myspace.com/britonrites

How is this NWOBHM? I mean I know Witchfynder General sounded like this, but besides them who did? This is just pure doom. Good stuff though, even if the singer bothers me sometimes. Why? I have no clue. Haha.

How is this NWOBHM? I mean I know Witchfynder General sounded like this, but besides them who did? This is just pure doom. Good stuff though, even if the singer bothers me sometimes. Why? I have no clue. Haha.

Have you heard the whole album? There are a few songs that have elements of NWOBHM,as far as I am concerned. I got the idea to play some Heavy Metal in the style of early Black Sabbath and Witchfinder General years ago. To be quite honest,Doom and NWOBHM were the only descriptions I could come up with to try to tell people what my album was going to sound like. Sometimes labeling sub-genres of Heavy Metal can be hard. I often just call it British-style Heavy Metal,but I suppose that that could be misleading,as well.

I have seen my old band,Cauldron Born,called everything from power to progressive to technical to epic. The lines start to blur after awhile--especially with a band like Cauldron Born,which is like the Jeet Kune Do of True Metal.

Howie

I could listen to stuff like this all day! Makes me even prouder to be a metalhead to know shit like this is still made today despite the -core and tech- shit being the "metal du jour."

Stormspell reissued Cauldron Born's debut everyone, BUY IT. The Briton Rites is 12 bucks(I think postage paid) from that label...easily worth it

buy the Cauldron Born debut too!!! I think Howie said he was in the process of making another cd, but I never did hear the 2nd..has anyone?

johan68: Thanks for supporting Briton Rites and Echoes of Crom,and also for getting on here and telling me and all the others that you like it so well.

rms: Thank you,as well,for your constant support. Are you really from South Korea? If so,I would like to ask you some questions. If it wouldn't be too much trouble,would you mind shooting me an email at: mail@howiebentley.com
Thanks.

Howie

Good stuff, just put in an order from the EoC store. Haven't listened to the Cauldron Born CD in quite a while, may have to dust it off and give it another spin soon.

I could listen to stuff like this all day! Makes me even prouder to be a metalhead to know shit like this is still made today despite the -core and tech- shit being the "metal du jour."

Sure... with this recent surge of NWOBHM bands, keep in mind it this *COULD* become the metal du jour.

don't you compare this awesome band to poser gay shit like Cauldron, White Wizzard or anything like that.

I'm sorry if it bothers you that much, but in my book, they're bands that play somewhat a similar style of music and there's a surge of bands becoming more popular who play that style. There's nothing wrong with comparing them because it's not THAT bad a comparison in my opinion. I'm not comparing Amorphis with Lady Gaga, dude. And don't you tell me whom to compare to whom else. I think that's up to me. ;)

Plus, again, in my opinion (and nothing but my opinion, which doesn't make it wrong or right), none of these three bands are awesome. :lol: