Broken Hearts Club

LoboUivante

my tummy hurts
Oct 20, 2001
Amidst enlightenment and gloominess
tvtel.pt
im wondering about this. Anathema's love balads since the very begining is about the death of the loved one and perpetual soul embitterement. Forever aching, eternal hurt... of course they recently covered it up with the "Why exist" thread. But this was the very begining, seems that the lost of love makes people wonder about life, about all the "Why's"

So the question is... is this the Broken Hearts Club?

Well some people are natural born broken hearted (maybe like most fans of Anathema). :confused:

Well, I dont think that to be broken hearted is the same as being looser. Maybe it's all the bad karma we're born & surrounded with...

Broken hearts club? No, I wouldn't call it like that. When you make an experience (bad or good) it's up to you if you're going to think about it and try to learn something out of it. I think that Anathema are the sort of people who think about the life and the meaning of experiences. And the music they make is for people who think the same way as they do.
But making such emotional music doesn't mean that they are depressive persons. I met them twice and actually they are realy funny :D

It was interesting to me to read Aaron from My Dying Bride's interpretation of the "depression" in their music, saying that it wasn't that they were depressed people at all, but rather they were connecting with the shadow sides of themselves, and finding a light at the end of (the world?) it all, since we all do have a shadow......the broken hearts thing? Eh, I guess to each their own, such music is definitely suitable for such occasions ;)

Broken Hearts Club ?:lol:

I see Anathema as uplifting, spiritual, cathartic music rather than depressive/brokenhearted. Their music transcends these "simple" emotions.

D Mullholand

ý don't think that have a broken heart means that you are a looser..
+ ý think everybody must live a bad axperience about love..
it makes you learn to see the things in a different way..
am ý wrong?

(sorry for my broken english )

BONSOUR! Fellow Anathema fans!!!
This indeed does remind one of "Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" by The Beatles GREAT!!!

hasta la vista social club

@Miles: I'm really a Stones fan myself - too bad Brian Jones died last year!