BROOKLYN METALFEST tomorrow June 24th- ROSS THE BOSS to appear!

MEFlyingV

Sep 13, 2004
NYC, USA
www.overlorde.com
EX-MANOWAR/ THE DICTATORS GUITARIST, ROSS THE BOSS to be special guest at Brooklyn Metalfest

ROSS THE BOSS, ex-MANOWAR/ THE DICTATORS guitarist will be appearing and performing as a special guest of SKULLSHIFTER at the 1st Annual BROOKLYN METALFEST this Saturday, June 24th, at The Hook, located at 18 Commerce Street, in the Red Hook section of Brooklyn. Also on hand, as previously announced, will be LIFE OF AGONYS JOEY Z, as well as MARK M.E. EDWARDS of OVERLORDE. The Brooklyn Metalfest is an all day Metal Festival showcasing some of the areas best Metal Bands. Admission is only $10! There will be a free BBQ running all day for all paid admissions (free food only), Raffles for FREE Hartke Guitar and Bass amplifiers, and tons of other great giveaways! Hartke Amps, Samson Audio, Zoom Effect Pedals and Unstoppable Force Web-zine are sponsoring the event. The doors open at 1:30 and the first band starts promptly at 2pm. Come on out and enjoy an awesome day of metal!

Bands confirmed:

MAGUS BEAST
TWILIGHT ODYSSEY
CONSTRICTED
SKULLSHIFTER
BURN ME DOWN
DEVILS ISLAND
EXIT TO ETERNITY
EUPHORIA
SILENT INDUSTRY
SARINS GIFT
SUNS OF FREEDOM
TURRIGENOUS
SANITARIUS
8 WEEKS DEAD
NAME YOUR POISON

For more information, go to www.BROOKLYNMETALFEST.com

I'm not familiar with any of the bands playing, but $10 for an all-day barbecue with metal bands actually isn't too bad! :heh: :heh:

I've never heard of any of them either, but still, a metalfest in Red Hook with free BBQ gets thumbs up in my book. I can't make it tomorrow, but it'd be cool if this thing grew over the next few years, and nyc got it's own semi-big name metalfest.

Hey everyone,

Yeah its mostly local bands.

FYI, besides my jamming with Magus Beast on KILL WITH POWER by Manowar (hehe, in front of Ross the Boss) I am also doing my ONE MAN SHOW outside with the BBQ btween band sets.

Check out my solo stuff at www.myspace.com/meflyingv

And its my Birthday weekend too! So I'm hoping some people come out to help me celebrate. I know a few NYC area people from the ProgPower community are coming.

THE HOOK holds 400 people inside. Pre-sales through the official site alone (not counting any tickets the bands have sold) was at 100 on Monday. So attendance should be good!

Hey all! I updated my MySpace profile with a festival report

www.myspace.com/meflyingv

Find out why my Flying V is now in two pieces...

887452826_m.jpg