Bruce Dickinson book?

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Is there a good Bruce Dickinson biography or autobiography out there?
Amazon shows one but the reviews seem pretty shit.
I'd be pretty surprised if noone has written a decent official book about the guy.....

So has anyone read or seen one? Or is there an official Maiden book?

There's an authorised Iron Maiden biography called "Run to the Hills" by Mick Wall. First released when Blaze was still in the band, but it's been updated a few times since. I've only got the original. From memory it's not a bad read.

Here you go.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruce-Dickinson-Flashing-Maiden-Flying/dp/0955282241/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297996345&sr=1-1[/ame]

It has 2 stars, but to be fair it has only received two reviews.

The solo years would be my favorite bits to read about Bruce, The doco on the DVD is pretty good. As for Run to the Hills, I got it in the early 00's after Bruce rejoined, I think it was the last revision of the book

Speaking of books...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154192

IRON MAIDEN: 'In The Studio' Book Due In May - Feb. 18, 2011

This May, U.K.-based John Blake Publishing will release "Iron Maiden: In The Studio" by music biographer Jake Brown (MOTÖRHEAD, HEART, Rick Rubin, Tracii Guns). Spanning the band's entire 30-year catalog, the writing and recording of such classic albums as "The Number of the Beast", "Piece of Mind", "Brave New World" and "The Final Frontier", and hits as "2 Minutes to Midnight", "Wasted Years", "Can I Play With Madness?", "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter", "The Wicker Man", "The Trooper", "Run To The Hills", "Powerslave" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name", among countless others, is chronicled.

The book is currently available for pre-order at Amazon.com.

Nothing specific, but he did get Derek Riggs to do his cover art for Accident of Birth after Riggs also had a falling out with Maiden. Seems like an obvious stab back at them from both parties. So to go from this to rejoining the band within a few years is a little odd, would like to hear all that happened behind the scenes.