Bruce Dickinson Disses Metallica

\m/

I Die Slowly
This may have been posted already, if so, oh well, I'm interested in what you guys think about his comments, but before you read this, don't shoot the messenger &
UP THE FUCKING IRONS!!

IRON MAIDEN Singer Disses METALLICA At Oslo Gig - July 7, 2003
IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson wants to make it clear that he does not share METALLICA's attitude with respect to illegal music downloading.
Performing with IRON MAIDEN at Oslo Spectrum last Wednesday (July 2), Dickinson made a deal with the 17,000 Norwegian MAIDEN fans in attendance before he sang the as-yet-unreleased song "Wildest Dreams" from the group's upcoming CD, "Dance of Death" (due on Sept. 9), reports Jan Thoresen of the Oslo newspaper Dagbladet.
"The album is not out yet, but please pull out our small digital recorders, MP3 players, cell phones or whatever you have. Put it on the Internet, spread it all over the world. But on one condition: When you hear the new album, if you like it, pay the equivalent of three beers to buy the record in the store. That is what keeps us alive. If you don't like the album, just forget it," Dickinson said, and the crowd went wild.
"We are not like METALLICA," he added.
In 2000 METALLICA sued the Napster file-sharing service for copyright infringement and delivered to the now-defunct company the names of more than 300,000 users — "fans" by another name — whom they accused of illegally making METALLICA songs available over the network. Facing an absolute public relations debacle, METALLICA eventually relented and withdrew the suit. Now fans who possess an access code from the insert to METALLICA's new CD, "St. Anger", can download high-quality MP3s of live METALLICA recordings and do whatever they want with them: burn them to CD, share them over the networks like Kazaa, and in general, "kick ass" in an unrestricted manner.

Yes i read this :headbang:
the lame thing is
i went to Waldrock and he told us "you can send all your mp3's to your friends if the new album sucks, if it doesn't, go get it for 3 or 4 beers"
a week later i went to Graspop he told us:
"you can send all your mp3's to your friends if the new album sucks, if it doesn't, go get it for 3 or 4 beers"
yesterday i watched Rock Am ring at guess what he said?
"you can send all your mp3's to your friends if the new album sucks, if it doesn't, go get it for 3 or 4 beers"
;)

Griffin- said:
Yes i read this !:headbang:
the lame thing is
i went to Waldrock and he told us "you can send all your mp3's to your friends if the new album sucks, if it doesn't, go get it for 3 or 4 beers"
a week later i went to Graspop he told us:
yesterday i watched Rock Am ring at guess what he said?
;)

I don't know what to think about this Bruce thing.
He's the best Maiden singer, great vocalist.
Sounds like this isn't as spontaneous as people thought.
It's just another "canned" speech. If the album tanks,
he'll be eating his words. It's been many years since they had
a platinum disc in the states. If the competition were in sales
they'd get stomped by Metallica any day of the week.
Maybe Bruce is trying start a rock 'n roll feud?!
Either way, I kill for the chance to see Bruce & Larz
go at it in a fencing match....:p

sixxswine said:
Either way, I kill for the chance to see Bruce & Larz
go at it in a fencing match....:p

And in the undercard...THE BATTLE OF THE EXTREMELY EFFEMINATE GUITARISTS!: KIRK HAMMET VS. MARTY FRIEMAN!

(Yeah, I know Friedman has nothing to do with anything, just me and my friend joke around about that all the time. nothing against Marty, though, that guy is awesome.)

plfffffft said:
And in the undercard...THE BATTLE OF THE EXTREMELY EFFEMINATE GUITARISTS!: KIRK HAMMET VS. MARTY FRIEMAN!

(Yeah, I know Friedman has nothing to do with anything, just me and my friend joke around about that all the time. nothing against Marty, though, that guy is awesome.)

That's great! A great PPV for sure!:p

plfffffft said:
and then: THE BATTLE OF THE PISSED OFF, JADED, EGOMANIAC BAND LEADERS!: DAVE MUSTAINE VS. JON SCHAFFER!

Dave Vs. Jon in a steel cage, like ultimate fighting...
Human cockfight!
How about Billy Milano Vs. Scott Ian in
a match, weapon being baseball bats...:p
Kerry King Vs. what's his face from Machinehead
in old fashioned duel with vintage pistols...:loco:

I was in Oslo when Bruce said this...guess it may have been the first time he said it ;)

Bruce is a great guy, and even if this wasnt as spontaneous as it may have seemed, they obviously mean it...and I like anyone talking bad about Metallica ;)

UP THE IRONS!!!

Friction between bands will happen,

i still cant beleive the amount of bandwagon jumers there are on the st anger issue,

just form your own fuckin opinion.