Bruce Dickinson's Chemical Wedding

Entrerie

Sep 14, 2006
I didn't know Bruce was directing a movie. Sounds interesting.

http://www.mymovies.net/synopsis/default.asp?filmid=7484&s=1&n=1

"Year 2000, Cambridge University, Dr Joshua Mather‘s state–of–the–art virtual reality suit is being linked to the world‘s biggest super computer, the Z93. Local programmer, and occult obsessive, Victor Neumann has been secretly uploading all of, late Edwardian magician, Aleister Crowley‘s black magic ceremonies into the Z93 in binary form, with the intention of fusing science and magic with the help of his accomplice, the stuttering Classics lecturer Dr Oliver Haddo (Simon Callow). Haddo enters the suit without realising that Mathers has made it ‘intelligent‘ by adding a random chaos equation into the mix and the result is his transformation into Crowley himself. In order to reinstate his place on Earth he must perform the ultimate occult ritual, the Chemical Wedding within 3 days…"

I heard of this awhile back. And while I'd love to see the movie succeed, I get the distinct feeling that it's going to be very similar to a B-rated film, and tank horribly. The premise is just...so 1960 B-horror flick.

I'll still go see it. :D

I ignored this thread at first because I thought it was talking about the album. It happens to be one of my favorites but I just didn't want to gush over it. I'm glad I clicked anyway, I had no idea Bruce was directing a movie :)

That sounds freakin' awesome! For those interested in the premise, it rings very similar to Charlie Stross' "Atrocity Archives" series. Which is hands down the best James Bond meets Indiana Jones meets HP Lovecraft book out there.

Story also reminds me of Lawn Mower Man just a bit, yeah it's probably going to be a questionable film but anything that has Wickerman in the sound track can't be all bad can it?

""Chemical Wedding - Original Soundtrack" track listing is as follows:

01. Chemical Wedding - BRUCE DICKINSON
02. Hush Hush Here Comes the Bogie Man - HENRY HALL / VAL ROSING.
03. Fanlight Fanny - GEORGE FORMBY
04. Man of Sorrows - BRUCE DICKINSON
05. Wickerman - IRON MAIDEN
06. Can I Play With Madness - IRON MAIDEN
07. Separation - SKIN
08. Une Faune Apres Midi - DEBUSSY
09. The Alleluya Chorus - HANDLE
10. (Excerpt) Violin Concerto - MOZART"

Does anyone know if they will be premiereing the movie in the States. On the Maiden website New York was mentioned but no other US city.