Bruce has left Maiden again?

salty

Aug 4, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
From Ross Halfin's online Diary - http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/september-2008/diary-september-2008.php

Kevin THE CAVEMAN Shirley has told the world his "fave" band (Iron Maiden) have a new singer from a Florida heavy metal band. The CAVEMAN got the news off his best mate, the singer in Journey. THE CAVEMAN is full of shock-shock-shock-shit - you'd think THE CAVEMAN would ring his FAVE friends instead of announcing it on his website. I know about all of this because I've had a few emails asking me who it is. Now folks, I don't shoot Iron Maiden anymore, although I'm friends with some of them. So I have no idea who it is - ask THE CAVEMAN, he's the man in the know. Perhaps it's Joe Bonamassa...

Shirley's actyual diary entry is:

Heard a very troubling rumour - there is a singer from a Florida heavy metal band who is pretty close to becoming My-Fave-Band-Ever's singer. As the old one has a separate happening career. I have to admit to shock, shock, shock.

The weird thing is I hadn't heard about this until Journey's new singer, Arnel, called yesterday and told me.

I don't know what to think.

So is Maiden his fave band?

According to his own site, his favourite band is Lez Zep.

BBC News reports that The Sun has reported LZ have recruited a new singer, since Plant doesn't want to tour with them. Coinkidink?

According to google news, the last time bruce made the news was when he flew to the rescure of stranded holidaymakers....you would think that the voice of maiden leaving would rate at least just a passing meantion

Smells like bullshit

My thoughts as well, Gorey.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7637372.stm

This whole nonsense raises two questions:

1. Who would want to see LedZep without Robert Plant? (Unless they got the fat Elvis from Dread Zeppelin:))

2. Would Rod allow Maiden to part ways with Bruce, now that his entire business is based around managing them, and Maiden have never been a super-profitable enterprise without Bruce on board?