Bruce says El Dorado mp3 sounds like shit

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
IRON MAIDEN Singer Says 'El Dorado' MP3 'Sounds Like S**t' - June 24, 2010

Even though British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN opted to away a new song, "El Dorado", as a free MP3 download via the band's official web site, the group's frontman Bruce Dickinson wants to make it clear that the finished product sounds much better.

After announcing to the crowd at IRON MAIDEN's June 22, 2010 headlining concert at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, Washington that the band wanted to perform a new track from its much-anticipated new studio album, "The Final Frontier", Dickinson said, "I do apologize to those of you who've downloaded [the song], ripped it, done whatever... 'cause it's a freebie on the web at the moment. I do apologize to those of you who have downloaded it, not for any other reason but stuff that is on the Internet sounds like shit — it just does. MP3s, how to take all the balls out of the song... It's like, MP3s to music is what zombies are to Shakespeare — absolute bullshit. It's terrible. All these people listening to songs with cotton buds stuffed in their fucking ears. What is that all about? So for all those of you poor victims who downloaded it and thought, 'Oh, right. Yeah.' Well, the song is called 'El Dorado' and if you buy the record, it should sound like this."

Actually... Now that I think of it a friend of mine shot a short film recently where Romeo and Juliet wake up after their funeral and realize they are forced to stay together forever. Not long before the end of the movie, they both start rotting and pieces of meat start falling off from them. So we'll have to wait til' they're done editing the film to see if it will or will not be "absolute bullshit". Here is a pic of the Juliet in question just as she is beginning to decompose:

:)

If he doesn't like it, why allow it? Thinking about it more, I know he likes his aimless nonsensical rants at some vague target, but he sounds like a fucking idiot here.

ZOMG Maiden touring ZOMG Big Day Out.

Etc etc. Remember the days when they would tour Asia and people would think, "Ooh, that's only 10 hours from Australia - they could tour here!!"?