Bruce solo stuff

Southy

Proud Brisbane Metaller
Jul 28, 2001
Brisbane,Australia
Visit site
i have found myself listning to alot more bruce gear and sadly enjoying it more than recent IM stuff...so leads me to ask what is everyone fav Bruce album?

mine is either scream for me... or Chemical wedding:D

I love Skunkworks, Accident Of Birth and Chemical Wedding equally.

However I don't think too much of Tattooed Millionaire or Balls To Picasso - with maybe Cyclops and Tears Of The Dragon being obvious exceptions.

.. and sadly enjoying it more than recent IM stuff

Don't feel bad. I prefer Bruce's and Blaze's over recent Maiden myself.:)

Originally posted by Sydo

However I don't think too much of Tattooed Millionaire or Balls To Picasso - with maybe Cyclops and Tears Of The Dragon being obvious exceptions.

What about Born in 58??? :confused:

I don't think too much of Tattooed Millionaire or Balls To Picasso
I think Balls was full of great material, just shit production. I much prefer the 'Alive At The Marquee' versions of the songs. A VERY underated live album IMO (tho I can see why ppl get a bad impression of it, the "Alive In Studio A" disc is horrible).
I wonder how it would have turned out if Mr Z worked his magic on it...

Don't feel bad. I prefer Bruce's and Blaze's over recent Maiden myself.:)
B L A Z E is the shit. :headbang:

I forgot about Alive In Studio A. The Balls To Picasso songs do rock on that.

Tattooed Millionaire is a bit soft for me. There are a few tracks I like to hear occasionaly - such as Born In 58 and the title track - but I can quite a happily live without the album.

I have been listening to absolutely shitloads of the Alive in Studio A, simply because i prefer the versions of the Balls... songsthe last 3 are the best (Skunkworks, Accident..., Chemical Wedding) IMO

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
They're all great, but "The Chemical Wedding" beats "Accident of Birth" just by a whisker IMO. :)

I would like to add my sentiments to these thoughts. TCW by a nose...

When Tattooed Millionaire was first released, I thought it was great. A real 70's rock sound, which I think Bruce was aiming for.

Though it has probably dated a little, it is still good when you're in the right mood.