Bruce Springsteen

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Well, saw him in concert last night and what a great show he put on! Was quite surprised that I knew all but a handful of songs (unfortunately, two of them were in the encore and everyone else seemed to know them!) so my fears were somewhat unfounded - I was afraid I'd be standing there knowing hardly any of them cos I haven't heard the majority of his material.

Yeah, so good gig. Was thinking of going again tonight but I'm just too stuffed. Other shows went for 3 hours, apparently, but this one only went for about 2hrs 45 mins. Oh well.

You would have loved it, Spawny - the crowd was LOUD. Hell, half the crowd didn't know the new songs and they were still singing along extremely loudly by the end of each track. I want that show on CD, damn it.

Good to hear. Apparently the Melbourne crowd was lame. Well, they could walk, but they couldn't make any noise.

Bruce is a rocker alright, wish I'd been able to go to one of his shows.

Did he play STREETS OF PHILADELPHIA?

More importantly, did he play the awesomely good The River? If he didnt, I want you to go get your money back :)

Setlist for the first Brissy show was:

Setlist: Born in the U.S.A. (acoustic)/War/No Surrender/The Rising/Lonesome Day/Prove It All Night/Empty Sky/You're Missing/Waitin' on a Sunny Day/Darlington County/Worlds Apart/Badlands/She's the One/Mary's Place/Jungleland/Into the Fire/Thunder Road
First Encore: Bobby Jean/Ramrod/Born to Run
Second Encore:My City of Ruins/Land of Hope and Dreams/Dancing in the Dark

Second Brissy show was similar (I didn't go, though):

Setlist: Born in the U.S.A. (acoustic)/War/No Surrender/The Rising/Lonesome Day/Darlington County/Empty Sky/You're Missing/Waitin' on a Sunny Day/Two Hearts/The Promised Land/Worlds Apart/Badlands/Out in the Street/Mary's Place/My Hometown/Into the Fire/Thunder Road
First Encore: This Hard Land/Ramrod/Born to Run
Second Encore:My City of Ruins/Land of Hope and Dreams/I'm a Rocker/Dancing in the Dark

No "The River", and no "Streets of Philadelphia". And no "Atlantic City", much to the chagrin, I'm sure, of the guy holding up the big "ATLANTIC CITY" banner throughout the evening.

:eek:

I'm not happy about that... The River and Streets of Philadelphia and My Hometown are his best songs in my opinion! Golly gee...

Least he played My Hometown at the second show.

I don't care much for Streets of Philadelphia, personally. :) And I don't know if it has much standing in Bruce's catalogue - you don't exactly hear people talking about it much.