Bruce's book tour

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Did anyone else catch Bruce on his book tour a couple of weeks back? I saw him in Melbourne and loved it. It took him about 10 to 15 minutes to hit his groove I think but after that it was fantastic. The Q&A section was just like having a conversation with him. Brilliant.

I wanted to but it was $99, which I thought a bit hefty for a man in a stool, even if it is Bruce. Glad it was good though!

I went. Good show. He did around 90 minutes in the first part of the show and then an hour or so in the second. I had a front row ticket but to the side so I had a sore neck all evening.

A brother of a friend gave me a signed copy of the book, which was very nice of him, particularly given I'd only known him for 10 minutes. I gather the talk covered a lot of what was in the book.

I just finished the book a couple of days ago. It was written in a very Bruce style. It was a good read, though I think it left a lot of people wanting. He deliberately left out any references to wife and kids. I didn't get a great insight into how he interacts with other members of Maiden either, or a lot on the writing process. Also he skipped over Piece of Mind. Does he not like the album?