Brunetti XL-R-EVO 2 marcus' holy diver reamp

noarin

Producer / Engineer
Apr 16, 2006
Hey guys,

This is Marcus' Holy Diver through my Brunetti XL revolution amp. (Firepod out -> 808 -> Brunetti) so without the reamp box, hence the insane amount of hum.

http://stud.hro.nl/0762457/marcusholydiver.mp3

What do you think?
Bought myself the Cuniberti Reamp tonight, hope it'll reach Europe soon! :kickass: and of course I've recently bought the Countryman 85 as well, so I'm hell into reamp land now :hotjump:

Yes, hum is quite strong. it sounds brighter than Marcus roadster version. Good tone over all.

I just posted my version of this in Marcus thread about Roadster/DualRectifier.

Hey Rob, I'll second a request to know what cab it was - sounds like the mic was way too far from the dustcap (very muffled) but has cool potential, seems nice and middy/chunky!

hey guys!
thanks for the replies!

these are actually done through Ryan's s-high8 impulse. I couldn´t use my custom v30 cabinet because of the neighbours :(
The impulse was applied after the poweramp though, I use a Palmer PDI-03 to capture pre+power amp, in my opinion that captures the saturation a lot better and drasticly improves the end-result.

as for tips on the Brunetti, they are awesome beasts, very tight and still super open, but I've come to know the EQ as very weird, e.g. My EDGE knob is all the way to 0 (as in off). Any other way it makes the amp sound dull and thin. Just give the knobs a swing and see what they do :)

As for the cabinet- I'd suggest you try it on a mesa cabinet, can't go wrong with those and I've heard some killer Brunetti sounds through it.

A friend of mine used to play 5150->Mesa cabinet & Brunetti->Mesa cabinet at the same time and I can tell you, anywhere he went; the roofs had to be replaced :D

hope this helps. as soon as my Cuniberti comes in I'm going to give it another shot. Perhaps the tonality will change a bit then too, not sure.

Rob