Brutal/Experimental Solo Death Metal: Khaos Ad Infinitum - Engorged on Hypocrisy

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
First track from my upcoming death metal release

Guitar sounds are Epi LP Standard into a Marshall AVT 100 miced with an SM57 balanced on some books and a couple of dvd's.
Bass is pitch shifted guitar.
Drums are Addictive Drums.
Vocals were done with an SM57

More soon, probably with a somewhat better mix. The levels on this aren't totally final, but I will spruce it all up for the final release.

updated with added riffs: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/631208/Khaos Ad Infinitum/01 Engorged on Hypocrisy.mp3

I hate the guitar sound, but the song isn't bad, drums are a bit monotone.
And about the guitar sound, at least I thought the AVT sounds worse :D

I, personally, really dig the guitars. They fit perfectly. My only complaint is the snare...I think a higher-pitched snare blended with the original would suit the style better. Fucking disgusting vocals! :kickass:

Hahah, I fucking LOVE IT! Only thing I'd do is RAISE the kick and automate the SNR during the blasts down in level just a bit...

SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. AMAZING VOX!

Sounds fucking awesome!
But i agree on that snare.
I wanna hear a higher pitched snare!
And the blastparts sound a bit machine gun like.

Oh my god, these riffs are so fucking brutal!!!

I'm not changing the pitch of the snare, I like it as it is.
Any more comments on the composition though?
I wanna make this demo the best it can be.

The only thing I'd say is that on the last riff, the spazzy guitar overdub thing could come in slightly earlier, and be more prominent/more whacked out?

:C The vocals are unhearable for me, and the snare is a machinegun at the beggening
:} Cool ideas, when the solo strikes in i feel like THAT'S how the mix should sound, it's a lot fuller, maybe have another axe track in the middle? limited and low or something, i like the raw sound, definately