Bugera amps

I'm not using pro headphones by any means, but the Bugera is obviously lacking low end punch, and the mids are very sterile. Not really as lively as the 5150. It just sounds thin on the Bugera.

Less low end, it sounds more 'defined' to me however, might be the lack of previous mentioned.

I think the tone on those clips sucks ass so IMO it's not representative of what a 5150 can really give... it sounds more like "hi guys i've achieved to get a really crappy tone with my 5150 so my crappy Bugera tone sound very similar to the 5150 tone"... I'm not saying that Bugera amps suck... just that this sound comparison is not relevant.

I think the tone on those clips sucks ass so IMO it's not representative of what a 5150 can really give... it sounds more like "hi guys i've achieved to get a really crappy tone with my 5150 so my crappy Bugera tone sound very similar to the 5150 tone"... I'm not saying that Bugera amps suck... just that this sound comparison is not relevant.

Agreed!

I'm not using pro headphones by any means, but the Bugera is obviously lacking low end punch, and the mids are very sterile. Not really as lively as the 5150. It just sounds thin on the Bugera.

comparing it to the 6505+ (5150II) would have been more informative since this what the 6262 is trying to copy.

and as far as I know the 6505+ HAS tighter lows etc so I think it actually comes pretty close.....

Looks like he was running it through the shit Bugera cab, too.

IMG_0683.jpg

Shit cab, shit settings (he used the same for both), had the reverb running on the Bugera, and some odd 57 placement = pretty rank tone for both amps.

Trying to read the other thread on the harmony central forum is close to fucking impossible, because everyone is just talking about something completely off topic, and it's REALLY frustrating. Atleast when people on this board go off topic, they don't talk about boring bollocks.

Although, I guess me bringing this up is a bit silly, as I have now gone off topic... Sorry guys...

Looks like he was running it through the shit Bugera cab, too.

IMG_0683.jpg

Shit cab, shit settings (he used the same for both), had the reverb running on the Bugera, and some odd 57 placement = pretty rank tone for both amps.

i made the clips. how would you have changed the settings? it sounded good in the room which was the only thing in mind when we were making quick adjustments

i also explained thoroughly that the clip was recorded very quick without much regard for tweaking on a recording because i was pressed for time and wanted a comparison.

the amps were tweaked more for room playing and not necessarily for recording, and adjustments to sm57 were done very quickly without spending time to find a perfect mic placement

i thought the clips were bass heavy and the gain was too high. who cares?

and the original posted neglected to post the mix i did with the RAW tracks that you are judging: http://music.megagoo.com/bugera-song-demo.mp3 i balanced out the EQ in the guitars and added drums and bass although the bass is not eq'd well. but i'm sure it sounds bad too if the raw tracks sound like ass to you guys.

i made the clips. how would you have changed the settings? it sounded good in the room which was the only thing in mind when we were making quick adjustments

i also explained thoroughly that the clip was recorded very quick without much regard for tweaking on a recording because i was pressed for time and wanted a comparison.

Your mids are way too high, bass too low, resonance too low, IMO. This will also depend on the cabinet... which is the next big thing.

I can't imagine those cabinets sounding good, at all. I want to hear one of these things through a proper Mesa 4x12 before I make any decisions.

How did you expect to have a good comparison between the amps if you recorded it (as you've said yourself) crap-ily?

The clips are still appreciated though. If the settings aren't everyones preference, that's their issue. At the end of the day, you've shown that both amps can sound VERY similar. That was the point I guess.

listening to headphones, but the clips are very very similar except for the more boomy tone on the 5150.

I think they did an awesome clone because they sound pretty much the same.

thanks for the clips...

damn... I was going to buy a schecter and now I want this head :lol: