BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE's MATT TUCK Doesn't Think Rock Needs Saving

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
In a brand new interview with Australia's Music Feeds, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE frontman Matt Tuck was asked if he thinks rock needs saving. "I don't think it needs saving," he responded. "I think it has just become very obvious for decades now that our world is our world. The mainstream media and everyone else doesn't really want to celebrate it, care about it, respect it or even talk about it, you know? It's one of those things that I've personally just come to terms with a long time ago and in a way that actually makes it better. "What we do is always about fanbases," he continued. "It's about loyalty, it's about dedication. And we have that longevity. We can be around 30 years like the [IRON] MAIDEN guys, like METALLICA, SLAYER — whatever you want. Many, many bands. They're not just these flash-in-the-pan, conveyer-belt pop artists that have huge success for, like, 10 seconds then they disappear forever and you never hear from them again. "So it actually benefits us not having that mainstream love because we do it as a family and we do it on our own," he added. "We stick by each other and you're a fan for life once you're in. It has positives, it has negatives but for me, the positives definitely outweigh all the other mainstream bullshit which we've never relied upon. We don't need it anyway, so it's fine." BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE's sixth studio album, "Gravity", will be made available on June 29. The disc will be issued through BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE's new label home, Search And Destroy, the imprint launched in 2014 by Spinefarm and international artist management company Raw Power Management. The follow-up to 2015's "Venom" marks BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE's full-length recording debut with new drummer Jason Bowld (PITCHSHIFTER, AXEWOUND), who has been touring with the group for the past two years, and bassist Jamie Mathias (formerly of REVOKER), who joined the band after the last disc was completed. Earlier in the year, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE completed an extensive American tour with AVENGED SEVENFOLD and BREAKING BENJAMIN.

Continue reading...