Burials - Free EP Download !!

G1

Dec 8, 2008
Recently ive been posting threads about individual tracks from my bands EP release.

SO HERES THE WHOLE FUCKING THING !!!

FOR FREE!!

so you have no excuse for not giving it a spin..

http://burials.bandcamp.com

thank you for taking a look and i hope you like it !!

George

Hey, thanks for sharing dude!
I'll give it a listen tomorow, listened to the first song and I like it! Cool stuff!!

I love the fact that the cymbals are really audible... I really love that... makes it seem much more alive to me... more metal-engineers (yeah, thats a cool image) nowadays tend to push them back.

Thank you, good sir.

Any details as far as guitar/drum/bass tones would be appreciated. (I'm particularly loving the kick/snare sounds... care to share them?)

George definitely broke out with these mixes. You're doing some monster work now buddy :)

I reamped guitars through my 5150 III and Mesa Cabinet with a single 57.

I love the fact that the cymbals are really audible... I really love that... makes it seem much more alive to me... more metal-engineers (yeah, thats a cool image) nowadays tend to push them back.

Thank you, good sir.

Any details as far as guitar/drum/bass tones would be appreciated. (I'm particularly loving the kick/snare sounds... care to share them?)

I think the snare is SSD Snare 18 or 22 :) Not much was done to it though i can tell you theres a huge cut at 3khz and 200khz on the close mic and super awesome compression on the room sound to bring the life of the snare back again.

The kick i think was kick 6 from SSD blended with Tommys Kick as well, then smashed against EQ's and Limiters :)

Bass was a blend of Amplitubes TubeScreamer sim pedal and the Amped SVX bass sim which was then multiband compressed, EQ'd, Comped again and then limited.

Guitars where Gregs Re-amps with HP at 60hz and a little dip around 6-7khz to take some of the high end fizz out and then softly limited (i think),
apart from that i didnt touch the guitars.

George definitely broke out with these mixes. You're doing some monster work now buddy :)

I reamped guitars through my 5150 III and Mesa Cabinet with a single 57.

Cheers man, I honestly believe i wouldnt have been able to make the EP sound as good as it does without your friendly coaching :) and the awesome re-amps ;)

Hey man, I like the production a lot! The only thing I'm not really fond of is the vocals, especially the clean ones... but that's just my taste :)

Hey man, I like the production a lot! The only thing I'm not really fond of is the vocals, especially the clean ones... but that's just my taste :)

If you had the choice what would you do differently about the cleans ?

Well, I'm listening to track 2 now, about 2.10 minutes the clean vocals are not too convincing to my ears, they sound a bit to "sweet", you see? And sometimes they're a very little off key.

Well, I'm listening to track 2 now, about 2.10 minutes the clean vocals are not too convincing to my ears, they sound a bit to "sweet", you see? And sometimes they're a very little off key.

hmmm must be something to do with how i sing.

I'll try something different for the album ;)

Also i didnt use loads of auto tune because im sick of singing needing to sound perfect 100% of the time, nothing wrong with a touch of dirt in there imo :)