Burning DVD's yet?

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
So have any of you guys got a DVD burner yet? A friend of mine just got one and he's doing up all kinds of old concerts from the 80's. So far he's gave me copies of---

Whitesnake - SUper Rock '84 In Japan
Alcatrazz - Metallic Live 1984
Alcatrazz - some Japanese import laser disc concert
Yngwie Malmsteen - Live In Leningrad
Dio - Live in '83
Heavy Pettin - Live Heart Attack

Most of them came from laser disc copies and they look great! Looks like I need to move up to a DVD burner soon. :)

we were gonna invest in a dvd burner as a band,so we could copy our videos.the whole +/- thing threw us out a bit,seemed a bit like vhs and betamax.
thier gettin cheap now though,so i might invest in one anyway.me bruvs gettin pretty handy at downloading stuff.could get some cool films for the kids.

lol I know this is a lil ok way off topic but this thread made me think of it ... Does anybody know how I could Take a Video of my old band from VHS tape and Put it on my puter .... is it possible? I have Rigged a way of doing it with Audio cassettes ... I was just Wondering..... Anyways dvd burners sound fukin cool!

JonnyD said:
lol I know this is a lil ok way off topic but this thread made me think of it ... Does anybody know how I could Take a Video of my old band from VHS tape and Put it on my puter .... is it possible? I have Rigged a way of doing it with Audio cassettes ... I was just Wondering..... Anyways dvd burners sound fukin cool!

There is all kinds of software and little boxes that connect to your pc that enables you to do video stuff. Just check out an electronics store that sales computers.

Greeno said:
So have any of you guys got a DVD burner yet? A friend of mine just got one and he's doing up all kinds of old concerts from the 80's. So far he's gave me copies of---

Whitesnake - SUper Rock '84 In Japan
Alcatrazz - Metallic Live 1984
Alcatrazz - some Japanese import laser disc concert
Yngwie Malmsteen - Live In Leningrad
Dio - Live in '83

Most of them came from laser disc copies and they look great! Looks like I need to move up to a DVD burner soon. :)
Holy shit never heard of that on DVD!!
I have the CD,where did he pick that up BTW?????

JonnyD said:
Thank you My friend I barely know the usb port from the modem jack thingy :p

:lol:
Jump in and learn, it's not hard. What's the worst that can happen, you have to buy a new computer after you fry that one. :D

Troyanasy said:
Holy shit never heard of that on DVD!!
I have the CD,where did he pick that up BTW?????

The audio for that cd came from the Live Heart Attack laser disc. The dvd I have is a burn from the laser disc. They were floating around on eBay for like $20 or something.

Greeno said:
The audio for that cd came from the Live Heart Attack laser disc. The dvd I have is a burn from the laser disc. They were floating around on eBay for like $20 or something.
Thanks Greeno.I will now go hunting ebay

My husband has one on his computer but we haven´t really gotten it to work right. We tried to copy a DVD we rented just to see if it worked but it didn´t. I guess we´re just both DVD burner illiterate.