BURNING POINT Featuring Ex-BATTLE BEAST Singer NITTE VÄNSKÄ Signs With AFM RECORDS

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Finnish melodic metallers BURNING POINT, whose current lineup includes singer Nitte Vänskä (ex-BATTLE BEAST), have inked a deal with AFM Records. The band's new studio album will be released later in the year. Stated BURNING POINT mastermind/guitarist Pete Ahonen: "To me, AFM Records has always been a label of quality releases and the words can't describe of how happy and excited I and we are to be a part of the AFM family! It has been very clear from the start that they have a heart full of fire and huge load of enthusiasm towards the bands in their roster. I have to say that first time in YEARS we (label and the band) work as a TEAM." A snippet of a re-recorded version of the BURNING POINT track "All The Madness", featuring Nitte on vocals, is available for streaming below. Ahonen, who had handled vocals and guitar for BURNING POINT since the band's inception, last year decided to step down from the singer position and continue playing guitar for the group. Said Nitte in a statement: "These guys are awesome and the music, just great! I love all the BURNING POINT songs! "I've been away from the world of heavy metal for a while now, but now with these guys, I am back!" Vänskä quit BATTLE BEAST in August 2012 via an e-mail in which explained that she would focus on her family life. She has since been replaced by with Noora Louhimo. Nitte rejoined BATTLE BEAST on stage on March 18 at Nosturi in Helsinki, Finland to perform three songs: "Victory", "Show Me How To Die" and "Enter The Metal World". BURNING POINT's last album, "The Ignitor", came out in June 2012 via Scarlet Records.

More...