Bush Commutes Libby Prison Sentence

that's BS.

Ron paul: i'd like him if it weren't for all his wanting to privatize and dismantle all social programs and education programs.

I agree with it... we should not be relying on the government as much as we do... thats why our economy sucks and has been sucking for so long... its so bad we're resorting to borrowing money from China... how fucked is that?!

In other words, if he weren't a conservative. Yeah, there goes his running platform.

Jeff

lol, technically. I agree with him on alot of his views. Particularly dealing with constitional rights, as well as being anti war, and big gov't. I just think that it's not a bad thing to have social welfare plans. Would you want assholes like haliburton and other greedy shit-dick companies running everything? Their bottom line is profit, not whether a lower middle class kid gets a good education or healthcare.

I'd say that if you're going to have social programs then you should set them up much differently, and with the changes you'd have to make it would be easiest to just scratch it all and start it up again. Then again, being a free-market anarchist I'd say that you shouldn't put so much into the hands of 'greedy shit-dick companies' because nobody *has* to buy from the fuckers in the first place.

Jeff

I think if you have a choice and companies, including insurance companies, had to compete with each for, say health care, you would end up not having to pay so much and still get quality health care and not have so many loop holes in your care plans that prohibit you from getting the care you need based on what your premium is, or who your provider is, etc...

Socialized health care wouldn't be bad, but I wouldn't trust it... if the country cant manage a budget, I wouldn't trust them to have their doctors operate on me... especially seeing some of the hack jobs they do for their soldiers... they sooner cut your limbs off than try to save them.

My $.02.

I think if you have a choice and companies, including insurance companies, had to compete with each for, say health care, you would end up not having to pay so much and still get quality health care and not have so many loop holes in your care plans that prohibit you from getting the care you need based on what your premium is, or who your provider is, etc...

Socialized health care wouldn't be bad, but I wouldn't trust it... if the country cant manage a budget, I wouldn't trust them to have their doctors operate on me... especially seeing some of the hack jobs they do for their soldiers... they sooner cut your limbs off than try to save them.

My $.02.
I don't agree with the notion that converting health care into a government-run system would mean that the quality of doctors would decrease. I'm paying out the ass for health insurance and then the companies refuse to cover copays or certain medications (or even certain necessary surgeries, god forbid!) It just pisses me off that private corporations have control over something so necessary. The primary goal of a health insurance organization should NOT be profit and as long as it's run by independent companies it always will be. It's absurd that health insurance isn't given to all citizens, almost as absurd as the fact that we don't have widespread use of solar energy. But in the end it comes down to whoever is making donations to political campaigns.

of course, I don't agree.

If we set it up so that the market was based on supply and demand, then health care wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, literally... people would determine what fair cost would be by how much you were willing to pay for it, thus meaning prescriptions costs would decrease as well as treatments... of course, with this country being as greedy as it is, this would never work...

I dunno... maybe I'm biased toward a country that prohibits natural means to cure cancers and such... especially with medicine being a business of death... you know it costs more to treat cancer than it does to cure it? We have the cure... the cure is there... but the source of the cure is illegal in this country... awesome right?

Its things like that which remove all faith in the government to run health care, because they make more money having you struggle with a disease than they do curing it.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say. There have been several insurance companies competing for years. Off the top of my head Aetna, Blue Cross, Unicare, Carefirst, but they don't compete as if it's a supply and demand market, they act as if they all have control over the market and are in agreement to keep the prices as high as possible. You can't convince these companies to switch gears because they won't benefit from it financially.
Doctors are notorious for getting bonuses from insurance companies for writing a certain given number of denials, whereas government-employed doctors are given bonuses based on the health standards of their facilities and the healths of their patients. However, the government doctors make considerably less money so it becomes a moral issue of the doctors also not wanting to compromise their paychecks for a change in the health care system.

I think you're correct in that in an ideal society, supply and demand would be enough to put the insurance companies in their place. But right now the system is so fucked that we need a major overhaul

I think you're correct in that in an ideal society, supply and demand would be enough to put the insurance companies in their place. But right now the system is so fucked that we need a major overhaul

And with that, I agree.

We're so beyond fucked right now, even socializing health care wouldn't work.

I'll stick to my natural cures that ACTUALLY help heal than use any **************s... even if health care made its complete 180 here in the states... Theres a reason such things exist and where do you think these companies get their "watered down versions" from?

Its sad that its all money. You either got it or you don't.

EDIT: whoa! what the fuck... i got censored... pharma*ceuticals is a bad word?

....I'm paying out the ass for health insurance and then the companies refuse to cover copays or certain medications (or even certain necessary surgeries, god forbid!)

Oh god and you have to pay more for other medications that aren't covered by your insurance? pretty fucked up!
At least in europe we don't have to pay so much for health stuff, I just pay a very little amount every month and I can have everything.
Just few expensive surgeries (very rare cancers, very rare disease) our health care system doesn't give us for free.

It just pisses me off that private corporations have control over something so necessary. The primary goal of a health insurance organization should NOT be profit and as long as it's run by independent companies it always will be. It's absurd that health insurance isn't given to all citizens, almost as absurd as the fact that we don't have widespread use of solar energy. But in the end it comes down to whoever is making donations to political campaigns.

If it's an insurance no matter if it's about health or what, it's all about money in the end.