BUTCHER BABIES Announce Early 2018 European Headlining Tour

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Los Angeles-based metal quintet BUTCHER BABIES will return to Europe in February and March 2018 to crush stages and eardrums with its vicious live performances and explosive energy. Confirmed dates are as follows: Feb. 20 - Nottingham (UK) - Rescue Rooms Feb. 21 - Bristol (UK) - Thekla Feb. 22 - Chester (UK) - Live Rooms Feb. 23 - Birmingham (UK) - Asylum Feb. 24 - Newcastle (UK) - Riverside Feb. 25 - Glasgow (UK) - G2 Feb. 27 - Milton Keynes (UK) - Craufurd Arms Feb. 28 - Norwich (UK) - Waterfront Mar. 01 - Southampton (UK) - Joiners Mar. 02 - Sheffield (UK) - Corporation Mar. 03 - Manchester (UK) - Rebellion Mar. 04 - London (UK) - The Dome Mar. 06 - Bochum (Germany) - Rockpalast Mar. 07 - Hamburg (Germany) - Logo Mar. 08 - Jena (Germany) - F-Haus Mar. 09 - Prague (Czech Republic) - Nova Chmelnice Mar. 10 - Graz (Austria) - Explosiv Mar. 11 - Munich (Germany) - Backstage Club Mar. 13 - Milan (Italy) - Legend Club Mar. 14 - Zurich (Switzerland) - Klub Komplex Mar. 15 - Mannheim (Germany) - Ms Connexion Complex Mar. 16 - Zaandam (Netherlands) - De Flux Mar. 17 - Leiden (Netherlands) - Gebr. de Nobel BUTCHER BABIES' third album, "Lilith", was released on October 27 via Century Media. The follow-up to 2015's "Take It Like A Man" was produced by Steve Evetts (THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, SEPULTURA, SUICIDE SILENCE) and marks the band's recording debut with new drummer, Chase Brickenden, who replaced Chris Warner last year. Co-frontwoman Carla Harvey told Meltdown Of Detroit's WRIF radio station that the music on "Lilith" "runs the gamut" from "great thrash metal" to "a little bit of '90s influence." She said: "We're singing, we're screaming and it's just a great, great album. I couldn't be prouder of it. I think there's four songs where we do predominantly singing on it. And normally that would scare even me, 'cause I'm, like, 'I'm a metal girl! I don't wanna be singing.' But it's so beautiful — it really is. So it's kind of ballady, but not too ballady. It's very dark, sensual — the lyrics are very sensual on this album." She continued: "I think we're bringing a little bit of the sexy back on this album that we kind of steered away from for a while. When we were building up our career, we wanted to be taken so seriously as metal chicks, so I think we kind of let those hindrances go a little bit and said, 'Let's just be us in all aspects of us' — from the metal to the sexy to everything else."
butcherbabies2018eurotourposter.jpg

Continue reading...