BWP Limited Edition

Lora @ MFN

Music For Nations
Oct 31, 2001
London
www.music-for-nati
Friday was the day we'd been waiting for, the day we received the first copies of the lovely new 2 CD, Blackwater Park limited edition. I have to say, it looks and sounds amazing. The second CD features 2 new tracks and video footage of "Harvest". OK, so I am obviously going to say this, but it's a total must have for all Opeth fans. Just brilliant, if you ask me!

Anyway, the guys are here in London today. Just spoke to Mike & Peter and they're in good form and really looking forward to the gig tonight. It's going to be incredible. But then, what else would we expect from the mighty Opeth?!?! :D

Well, it sounds great, only I've already bought the original!!!!:mad:

So although it might be a must for Opeth fans, I simply can't afford to buy it twice.

And what is it with music labels re-releasing albums with extra stuff??

Originally posted by Lora @ MFN
Friday was the day we'd been waiting for, the day we received the first copies of the lovely new 2 CD, Blackwater Park limited edition. I have to say, it looks and sounds amazing. The second CD features 2 new tracks and video footage of "Harvest". OK, so I am obviously going to say this, but it's a total must have for all Opeth fans. Just brilliant, if you ask me!

Anyway, the guys are here in London today. Just spoke to Mike & Peter and they're in good form and really looking forward to the gig tonight. It's going to be incredible. But then, what else would we expect from the mighty Opeth?!?! :D

thannks for letting us know and for the shameless selfpromotion:)

when you say a video of harvest, do u mean a live performance or a proper music video?
(wouldn't be surprise if its a proper vid coz it's a short song and is mellow)

and so is the first cd just the original bwp and the second cd just two new tracks and the vid?

and how much more will it cost than the normal version?

It will be out in June in UK/Europe, do not have a confirmed USA release date at the moment. The majority of the video track was recorded in and around the studio when Opeth was recording BWP. It looks excellent. As for the price, the distribution company is selling it to the shops for the same price as the original.

Eh, I'll scrounge up $15 or $20 for it. I'll give my other copy to a homeless guy or something.

Someone find out what the new tracks are called so I can download them from somewhere.

And don't give me any shit about piracy or IP or blah...

Chances are, since Australia is so geographically isolated, the limited edition won't even be released here...so how else are we going to get the new tracks...

I went to the Music For Nations website, and found a link to pre-order the cd at http://www.pinnacle-entertainment.co.uk/product.php?productID=33751

Apparently the release date is June 3rd.

The new song is titled "Still Day Beneath the Sun". The other song is "Patterns in the Ivy", which must be the vocal one we've been hearing about. I searched Audiogalaxy just now for them, and it doesn't look like they've been leaked yet. I guess we will have to wait a few more days.

Yeah, Patterns in the Ivy II or something. I guess I'll check Tower on monday then.

-Hondo