By the pain...

Ayr

Nov 19, 2005
London
does anyone know what is actually being sung at the end of By the Pain I see in Others?

Yes It's the vocals from Master's Apprentices.

I reversed it and got therefore:

Soothing trance
Colours fade
And disappear
Ethereal light
Showing me what I can do without

Fading away
And leaving
Long for sleep
Closer now
Lead the way into death

I even made a new song, for private use ofcuze, with the reversed vocals first and
then this normal playback after. I call it "Hidden track (Unofficial edit)". Pretty neat,
right? :)

Following part of Master's Apprentices - reversed:

soothing trance
colours fade
and disappear
ethereal light
showing me what i can do without

fading away
and leaving
long for sleep
closer now
lead the way into death

EDIT: You win.

Benighted Joe said:
I even made a new song, for private use ofcuze, with the reversed vocals first and
then this normal playback after. I call it "Hidden track (Unofficial edit)". Pretty neat, right? :)

crazy, crazy people.... maybe some of you even know the reversed part by heart?
Im reading Pink Floyd's Nick Mason's autobiography now (morning ritual with a cup'o milky tea and porrige =), where he goes on bout how he can still recite some reversed words/sentences they've recorded.
Apparently, if you read a phrase backwards out loud, record it, and play it backwards, it would not sound correctly. So to get it right, you have to learn the reversed version. Err. to make it more clear, ''neeagadelouff' would stand for ''fooled again''

Ayr said:
Im reading Pink Floyd's Nick Mason's autobiography now (morning ritual with a cup'o milky tea and porrige =), where he goes on bout how he can still recite some reversed words/sentences they've recorded.
Apparently, if you read a phrase backwards out loud, record it, and play it backwards, it would not sound correctly. So to get it right, you have to learn the reversed version. Err. to make it more clear, ''neeagadelouff' would stand for ''fooled again''

Yeah. I'm crazy. And it's wonderful. :loco: :)

Ayr said:

But the BTPISIO reversed thing is simply reversed... its the same as the master's apprentices clean vocals. He didn't have to sing anything differently for it.

i know, my post was just a random piece of information some of you might find interesting