Can anyone tell me how to get the chug of this Iced Earth tone from The Dark Saga?

Jani1993

New Metal Member
Aug 19, 2019
Here is the link. This seems like a Magical Unicorn tone honestly. I'm using a lot of the latest Amp Modeling stuff like Neural DSP products which i Think sounds phenominal. Yet I don't know what kind of production techniques (dual? quad tracking?) Tone shaping (low, mids, highs) or IRs I need to get this amazing crushing tone.

Sounds like some Ola Englund tone to me! I've found that chugs depend on playing technique more than anything, instead of playing 2 string power-chords, play 3 strings on chugs. The 3rd note will be the root but an octave up, and you want to make sure you have some high-mids in there to bring it out in the mix. Besides that, I would recommend experimenting with different boosts, and amp heads.

Pick hard as f*** hahaha, tone wise try start with some ts9 + rectifier and marshall 1960a, t-75 IRs (marshall v30 if gets too scooped) and work from there

Mess around with your pick hand palm position as well as it affects the "bloom" of the chug.