Can I get some feedback on my bands demo mix??

Lintinanims

Skullet Engineer. METAL!
Mar 20, 2012
Casper Wyoming
Hey everyone!! So I have 2 songs posted that I would really appreciate some feedback on, I'm striving to get better, this is my 4th major mix and master, didn't have to do a whole since it all blended pretty well but I feel like it's not quite good enough yet. Any who here are the tracks.(Sorry for mp3 format, the wav files were HUGE)

Blood of the Damned: https://db.tt/7evE1EMo
Triple666: https://db.tt/e2kIpfKE

Guitar 1: ESP LTD M302(SD Blackouts) - Line 6 Spider Valve MkI - Line 6 VS cab V30's - Shure 57A off axix - Presonus FireStudio, Preamped. Post EQ(+1.5DB at 6k) Double Tracked, 100L 100R

Guitar 2: Phil Demmel Signature(EMG 81/85) - Line 6 Spider 4 - Line 6 VS cab V30's - Shure 57A off axix - Presonus FireStudio, Preamped. Post EQ(+1.5DB at 6k) Double Tracked, 75L 75R

Bass: SVT 450 - Matching Cab - Superlux CMH8C/Sienheiser MK4 - Presonus Friestudio, Preamped - Post EQ (+1.5 db at 300-340, -1.5DB at 400-600)

Vocals: SM 58(Superlux + Mk4 used for extra room) - Presonus Firestudio - Preamped - Heavy Post Compression + Reverb/Delay + Heavy EQ)

Drums: SD2 MetalFoundry(My Preset) - Kick Replaced with DG Panzer Kick, Snare blended with SuperSonic Snare Samples.

Lead Guitars: Eleven rack Effects Processing - Same Amps and Cabs - Added off axis Superlux - Automated Reverbs - +2DB at 12KHZ.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!!!!
And if you like the music give my band a like on Facebook!! https://www.facebook.com/DeadPassOfficial

Stay Metal my friends!!!

Clean section in Blood of the Damned sounds good but once the distorted guitars come in, they sound a bit too digital and the vocals don't seem to have enough body. The cleans are also louder than the distorted parts, which is pretty much the opposite of what you really want, IMO.

Noted sir!! I was thinking the same thing about the cleans being louder. Guitars being too digital is hard to get around with 2 line 6 amps haha, even though mine has tubes, any ideas?? I'm pushing my vocalist to work on adding more body to his tone, he is slowly learning, but not where I want him just yet, is there a way to add some body to it without making it sound to processed? Thanks for the reply man!! I really appreciate it!

So you tracked live mic'd Line 6 amps then?

I'd say if you got the DIs, try out some of the free ampsims floating around. LePou stuff is first to come to mind and sounds pretty good!

Well I don't have the DI's. Every time I listen to ampsims they sounds fake and the ones I've used where quite awful. I'm stuck with the guitar tones I have ATM. When we actually record and album or an EP and not just a Demo, we'll DI and Mic cabs and what not, then I'll probably reamp through my buddy's ENGL. We have an 11 rack which sounds killer really. It's just not that saturated yet clear as day tone that can be achieved with good mic placement ya know? I was thinking about possibly using the 11 rack amps and running them into the cab. Any one ever done this??

Also I supposed a smart guitarist who wasn't me would have changed the dead as fuck strings on his guitar. Probably should throw that out there.