Can we wait for more two Damnation tracks? (expecting Mikael's answer)

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
well...first they said the album would have ten tracks, than it turned into eight tracks...my doubt is: they really recorded these two tracks?:err: You know, if they're going to release them soon, I would rather prefer to wait and buy this ten tracks version.:)

Well i remember a while back,there was a explanation on the roadrunner records site about why the UK,Europe and especially Japan get alot of special EP's,bonus material and extra's.Its not favoritism(he he),its to do with marketing or something.I would look it up but i cant be fucked.

the reason japan gets all the bonuses is because cds are fucking expensive there. because of that, most japanese people tend to import cds because it works out cheaper. the bonuses are there to persuade them not to import the cds and to buy japanese ones instead.

midwintertears said:
why is it (almost) always the japnese that have all the luck?

One guy had it right. I live in Japan. The price here for any domestic cd costs around 3000 yen (about US$26-$27), while imported cds from America and Europe range anywhere from 1200 yen to 1800 yen (US$10 to $15). The reason the Japanese get the bonus tracks is to encourage them to buy the expensive Japanese domestic version of the cd over the cheap import.

Also they usually re-print liner notes and lyrics in Japanese for the Jap releases... so while they're re-pressing the album they chuck on bonus tracks because it's so expensive (they pay more to make up for the effort of translating / re-printing).

Either way. If there are two more songs Opeth recorded, you'll hear them sometime. So, wait it out or move to Japan. :p