Can you help me ?

Kled12

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2003
Visit site
Hi all

I have hear some music of Power of Omens and I like this, but I HATE the Christopher Salinas voice !
Can you say me if exist any version of their album without this awful voice ?
Or with true girl voice :)
Otherwise the album who have the minimum of Christopher Salinas.

Thanks Advance
Bye All

Kléd'12

:err:

What do you mean "true girl voice"? If you mean that you want someone who sings high who IS female, why should that make a difference?

"Awful voice"?? In my opinion, C.S's vocals are amongst some of the most expressive and dynamic vocals about in this genre, and out of it. His range is vast, his control unmatched by many, and what he brings to the band would be sadly missed by most PofO fans, if not all.
There's absolutely no way you can say his singing is awful. Maybe they're not to your tastes, but if you don't realise the ability and talent of C.S, you must have a pretty skewered view of what makes someone a good singer.

That said, I don't know any prog bands with female vocalists, mainly because more often than not I find female vocalists kind of one-sided.
I don't rule out liking bands with female singers, I've just yet to find one who I like.

Chris H. -Power of Omens said:
Dave! You should be ashamed of yourself posting such horrible comments about Chris S on our very own messageboard!

ROTFLMAO!!!:devil:

Chris H

Dude, I thought it was you...I would NEVER say anything like that about Chris :saint: maybe it was Alex....LOL!!! :lol:

~D

np: Soilwork - As We Speak - N.B.C.

Ultima Ibanez Overlord said:
:err:
In my opinion, C.S's vocals are amongst some of the most expressive and dynamic vocals about in this genre, and out of it. His range is vast, his control unmatched by many...
lol.gif
Lee, I agree, but the first thing I thought of when I read your post was the Python skit where Eric Idle is introducing the next guest, and he says, "...whose boots I would gladly lick clean of filth..."

actually, I know a few people who don't like PoO solely based on the vocals. I'm not a big fan of the vocals, either, but they don't bug me enough to miss out on the great music. He's great at the style he's going for, it just isn't my style (if that makes sense). As for prog with female vocals: Aghora, Arabesque, and Moon of Steel (not exactly prog, but some prog elements) are all great.