Can you tell me something about Jaguar?

blackblood

blackblood
Sep 9, 2002
Visit site

they are releasing a new album.This is from Blabbermouth.

NWOBHM legends JAGUAR are about to start mixing their new studio album for a fall release through an as-yet-unspecified label. The full track listing for the effort is as follows:

01. Run Ragged
02. Living Hell
03. Wrong Side Of Nothing
04. As The Crow Flies
05. Nailed
06. Eighties
07. Feng Shui
08. This Is Your Life
09. No Change Given
10. My Weakness
11. Gulf War Syndrome
12. Stray

STAY HEAVY CRUSADERS

I remember the band from the 80's but am not sure if I ever heard anything by them. I would hardly describe them as N.W.O.B.H.M legends though! I don't think that they were ever that big. Might be interesting to hear the new album though.

Pax.

The band itself may not be considered legendary, but their debut album Power Games certainly is! That album is a N.W.O.B.H.M. monster! Classic N.W.O.B.H.M. that will hit you right between the eyes at first listen.

A recent 2 cd compilation was released, containing the debut, and the second album, along with some rare material as well. I think it's called Anthology.

About the new album. That's kick ass news!! I hope it's some good Jaguar'ish metal!

Thanks for sharing the info!!

I'm very certain you'll like it. Jaguar was one of the bands that got me in to the N.W.O.B.H.M.

Acually Jaguar IS a legendary NWOBHM band. Their singles were very populair in the early 80's I have seen them live in the Netherlands 4 times. With both of their their singers.

Their singles got airplay on Dutch and UK radio and was played every night in the Dynamo club and other metal oriented club's in Germany, The Netherlands and the UK. They drew crowds of 700/1500 people back then.

They are present on most of the NWOBHM samplers that I know of.

Anybody that does not know the value of "Backstreet Woman"and "Axe crazy" does not know what he is talking about.

Those two singles are among the most wanted NWOBHM collectors Items around. They ranged in the 60/90 Euro value when I last checked.

Originally posted by blackblood Thanks Hawk, if you have other songs to suggest i'd appreciate it. STAY HEAVY!

You can go here to the official Jaguar page:

http://www.jaguar-online.com/home.htm

You can download "Axe Crazy" from their singles page here:

http://www.jaguar-online.com/singles.htm

When you buy the "Power Games" album you will be getting the following songs:

Dutch Connection
Out Of Luck
The Fox
Master Game
No Lies
Run For Your Life
Prisoner
Ain't No Fantasy
Rawdeal
Coldheart
Axe Crazy*
War Machine* [B side of Axe Crazy]
Dirty Tricks*

That will leave you without Back Street Woman/Chasing The Dragon
and the track "Stormchild" that is on the NWOBHM sampler Heavy
Metal Heroes.

This is because those tracks were recorded in the early stage of
their career when they were under contract of the [in]famous
"Heavy Metal Records" label. They were later picked up by Neat
records and thus these tracks are ready available.

You could also get the "Power Games Anthology" Album.

http://www.jaguar-online.com/anthology.htm

It does have "Back Street Woman/ Chasing the Dragon/Stormchild" Tracks. But, it is an double album. I have no idea what it will cost ya. Nor can I say anything about the quality of the tracks on CD 2 of this album. But I will be getting it so I suppose I can inform you about that. But that will take some time.

Good luck discovering Jaguar duder!!