CANDIRIA Signs To METAL BLADE RECORDS

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Influential Brooklyn, New York metal progenitors CANDIRIA have signed to Metal Blade Records. The band's first new full-length album since 2009's "Kiss The Lie" is due in 2016.Since forming in 1992, CANDIRIA has released seven full-lengths CDs, two EPs, and survived a serious van crash in 2002. CANDIRIA's John LaMacchia comments: "The band is extremely excited to be a part of the Metal Blade family. We couldn't think of a better way to forge ahead with a new chapter in our career. "We have a new album in the works and we definitely plan to hit the road in support of it. "2016 is going to be an amazing year for CANDIRIA."CANDIRIA's Michael MacIvor adds: "Metal Blade have been at the forefront of extreme music since I was a kid. Just like CANDIRIA, they have always pushed the boundaries of music, and have trusted their gut instincts. "I can't think of a better place to call home for the future of CANDIRIA. We are extremely happy to be a part of the Metal Blade family."Metal Blade Records CEO Brian Slagel comments: "I am really happy to welcome CANDIRIA to the Metal Blade family! I have been a huge fan during their career and very excited to work with them."Metal Injection has debuted a new CANDIRIA mini-documentary that gives fans a glimpse of the current state of the band, and also reflects on the events that led them to this new chapter. The video serves as a perfect introduction for the uninitiated, as well as a fresh take for old fans. Watch the video below.CANDIRIA will perform this Sunday, September 27 at Saint Vitus in Brooklyn, New York.

More...