Candlemass new album update

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
CANDLEMASS "King of the Grey Islands", will be available June 22 through Nuclear Blast Records:

01. Prologue
02. Emperor of the Void
03. Devil Seed
04. Of Stars and Smoke
05. Demonia 6
06. Destroyer
07. Man of Shadows
08. Clearsight
09. The Opal City
10. Embracing the Styx
I'm pissing my pants :Smokin: , this is going to be a great year for doom (also waiting for Thunderstorm, Memory Garden, Trouble)

Who is singing on this one? I'd love to hear their original, and IMO best, singer back.

I'm pissing my pants :Smokin: , this is going to be a great year for doom (also waiting for Thunderstorm, Memory Garden, Trouble)

Well, as for me, Trouble were 'doom' on the 1st 3 discs, but are not really 'doom' anymore, since the 1990 s/t album. More straight-ahead classic hard rock/metal since then. The new one is very good, in the style of last 2 or 3 they did before.

Robert Lowe (Solitude Aeturnus) is the new Candlemass singer. As for me, their best singer was Messiah Marcolin, but I'm curious to hear the new one with Lowe.

Messiah was good, but the doom that the original vocalist imparted to the songs was just amazing. :headbang:

Well, as for me, Trouble were 'doom' on the 1st 3 discs, but are not really 'doom' anymore, since the 1990 s/t album. More straight-ahead classic hard rock/metal since then. The new one is very good, in the style of last 2 or 3 they did before.

I have to agree, it's a good album but not doom/gloom anymore as the first two.

Anyway with Candlemass, Thunderstorm and Memory Garden alone this will be a great year for doom.

NP: Ironsword - 'Death Or Glory'

candlemass.jpg