Cannibal Corpse

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
One of the first death metal bands I got into long ago, the Bleeding introduced me to truly sick music. Funny thing though, I've always cited that album as the best Corpse, yet upon listening to it last night after a very long break, I realized how stale it has gotten over the years! Still a good album, just not nearly as good as their later work.

best to worst that I own:
Vile (essential)
Bloodthirst (nearly essential)
The Bleeding (important but not essential)
Gore Obsessed (issokay)
Gallery of Suicide (sucks)

Discuss!

:zombie:

Take early period Carcass, speed it up, and add layered guitars with lots of crazy pinch harmonics. That's about as simplistic as it gets.

Saw them live in wacken last year and they fucking slayed, other than that I don't care much for them or any other of the myriads of bands that sound just like them

HarmonyDies.... said:
How'd you get the board shut down?
long story, it happened during the summer of 2002

basically me and a few others (me and another guy for the most part) talked so much shit and caused such a disturbance over there with the moronic fans that they took the board off UM. happy times.

btw, comparing cannibal corpse to carcass is like comparing. . . ah, fuck it

Eh, it's the only gore band that I know JayKeeley is familiar with. Not alike obviously, but the gore for gore's sake is present in both Carcass and Corpse, and they are in a somewhat similar vein.

NAD said:
Eh, it's the only gore band that I know JayKeeley is familiar with. Not alike obviously, but the gore for gore's sake is present in both Carcass and Corpse, and they are in a somewhat similar vein.
Well, I'm now familiar with Carcass, Mortician, and Necrophagia. Oh and I did review Fleshgrind too quite recently.

Remember this thread? http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82601&page=1&pp=25&highlight=gore

Since then I think I own the entire fucking Sigh catalog too. I MUST do a review for Imaginary Sonicscape. NAD - you must own this album.

Yep, Sigh is one I needs to be looking into, I remember when you were talking about them quite a bit.

Is Mortician a joke band? I've only heard one song and it was terrible! On some Nuclear Blast compilation, don't remember the name.

NAD said:
Is Mortician a joke band? I've only heard one song and it was terrible! On some Nuclear Blast compilation, don't remember the name.
I only have one of their CDs - very guttural & grinding. Lots of gore movie samples. I like them, but I'm pretty sure I don't need anymore of their CDs -my Zombie Apocalypse will do.