Can't be a metal forum without talking about.......

metalnate83

Mar 4, 2006
Sabbath getting inducted into the HOF tonight!!!! Ten years too late IMO but still a cool honor. Metallica is inducting them and even playing "Hole In the Sky" and "Iron Man". It is on VH-1 at 9:00 tonight. I LOVE SABBATH!!!!!!

They've actually been turning it down for years because it had nothing to do with the fans. I wonder why they decided to accept it finally.

Base Delta Zero said:
They've actually been turning it down for years because it had nothing to do with the fans. I wonder why they decided to accept it finally.
I read a thing with Ozzy and he said he didn't give a shit, but that the other guys wanted to do it, so I dunno...

ender7227 said:
classic metal inducting classic metal? for the public? ratings???

I hardly consider Metallica part of the Classic Metal genre... and no shit for the public and ratings lol i was being sarcastic... I would rather have Priest or Maiden do the honors.. probably Priest since Halford did substitute for Ozzy on a occasion or two with Sabbath live..

surely Priest are eligible for an honouring themselves ;)

oh yeah I forgot there's no reality show of Rob Halford (probably for the best, but still), and the band member's spouses don't judge TV talent competitions

most definite and their day will come.. but in the meantime i still say Halford/Priest should of done the honors... would rather listen to Priest play sabbath songs anyways..

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I hardly consider Metallica part of the Classic Metal genre... and no shit for the public and ratings lol i was being sarcastic... I would rather have Priest or Maiden do the honors.. probably Priest since Halford did substitute for Ozzy on a occasion or two with Sabbath live..

weather or not they are is for another thread, however in the eyes of the public they are classic metal
priest would be my vote, tho

Perdition's Light said:
I love Sabbath but couldn't care less about the Hall of Fame.
Same.

Being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame doesn't mean shit. Look at all the great bands that will never make it in there.

ender7227 said:
weather or not they are is for another thread, however in the eyes of the public they are classic metal
priest would be my vote, tho

Seriously... who constitutes the public? teenagers that also listen to linkin park and think that is metal? .. if your speaking for yourself then that is fine.. if you consider them classic metal.. but you can't speak for others.. only for yourself... they are doing shows with Collective Soul for god's sake lol ... :erk: they are the Britney Spears of metal lol.. there album sales are going down and down with each new album.... the "public" is wising up... so if this is the "public" you are talking about then it doesn't seem like they consider them classic anymore.. if they ever were.. anyways Priest gets another vote :kickass:

I'm at work now, and called my ex-gf(whom I live with, don't ask, haha...) to tape it on the DVR, but she's too busy recording episodes of fucking Real World and Nashville Star...:yell: hope it airs again soon...

Seriously... who constitutes the public? teenagers that also listen to linkin park and think that is metal? .. if your speaking for yourself then that is fine.. if you consider them classic metal.. but you can't speak for others.. only for yourself... they are doing shows with Collective Soul for god's sake lol ... :erk: they are the Britney Spears of metal lol.. there album sales are going down and down with each new album.... the "public" is wising up... so if this is the "public" you are talking about then it doesn't seem like they consider them classic anymore.. if they ever were.. anyways Priest gets another vote :kickass:
Haven't you ever seen old Metallica in the 'classic rock' sections in CD stores? I have (and believe me, I felt really old). Hell, we have a classic rock station where I live that plays old-school Metallica all the time. That's the public - like it or not.

And hell with Priest and Metallica, I'd rather see some super-group headed by Al Jourgenson doing Sabbath covers - but that's just my opinion...

i didn't say it was a good thing
it's just our soicety
$$$=everything and they are just doing this to get ratings
:cry: