Cant decide on which amp.. Help me out please!

enc0re666

New Metal Member
Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys!

Been browsing around these awesome forums for a while now, without making any posts.
Until now! Really need some inputs regarding my next amp purchase.

I had a Randall RG50tc (50w valve combo). Served me well for playing at home, but now we started to gig and stuff. So Im looking for a new one, on a budget. :cry:

I have a HB vintage 212 cab, LTD kh202 with emg 81/85.

Its coming down to either a Peavey Windsor or a Bugera 6260.
Our music is heavily influenced by in flames, dark tranquility and the likes (think gothenburg). Id love to get a used 5150, but the prices in sweden are just to much at the moment.

Leaning towards the windsor pared with a TS-7 boost. Bugera seems like a wildcard in the durability department. But heard its better now in year 2009.

And once again, this forum is made of pure awesomeness!

Keep it metal!! :headbang:

- Ola

Plus the Peavey Windsor has been discontinued and not sure anyone has noticed the price they are going for on Ebay, but needless to say people bought them at $200.00 as they were getting rid of them and are now asking $399.00 in many cases and some much more.

Yeah, suppose you're right guys. I know the windsor is discountined, but its pretty cheap used here. I just got so swept away from LosingReality's windsor clips hehe.

Anyways, im going with the "poor mans 5150 (bugera)". Sounded awesome at the store! :)

- Ola

I would go for the windsor, totally, if you could get it used, cool, you can still buy it with a cabinet at Thomann.
400 for the Windsor, Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage cabinet and a speaker cable.

Yeah I contacted Thomann regarding windsor's. They said they were hoping for them to arrive late november. Just thought Id say that if someone else's looking for one. That bundle for 400euro is just ridicioulsly cheap!

- Ola

I'd rather have the Bugera honestly, still haven't really heard an unmodded Windsor clip I liked that much (they all sound kinda grainy and gritty to me)