Car Question

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
Im looking to buy a car in 2004 and I was just wondering what type of cars people own and what kind of fuel economy they get out of them (how many km's do you get out of a full tank). Could you please list model and year!

Get a Camry. Mine does nearly 700 kays on a tank, cheap as fuck to run and will last for years. I have a 1990 model that's getting a bit old, but it's still a good car. They're admittedly a bit daggy-looking, but if you just something to get around in, I couldn't recommend a better car.

I own a VR Commodore, fairly good cars I haven't had to many problems with it. The only things I need to replace reguarly is tires. I get about 400km on a full tank, I could get more, but I flog it around town.

1989 BMW 318i Coupe

When all I do is drive to the station and back for a few weeks (about a 5 minute trip), I get about 280km before I feel the need to fill it up. I never let it run down though, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to petrol. I'm not interested in seeing how far under the "E" line I can get, and I don't know if the low fuel light even works. For that matter, I'm not 100% sure I've got one. I actually think I've still fot at least of a 1/3rd of tank to go when I fill up, I always fill it, and I rarely put more than $25 in it.

When I do "proper" driving though, I can go close to 400km on the same amount, and when I took it to Adelaide it went close to 450-500.

It's a bit small though.

I've got a '95 Magna which uses heaps more fuel than it should. I did a trip to Mildura a few weeks ago and we took my car and a mate's '90 Camry and although both are about the same engine size, mine used almost twice as much fuel. Get a Camry, Magnas suck haha! They're also a bit unreliable and things like oil leaks are really common in them, mine has one...

This one isn't even an early model and its still crap :) As soon as I have the money to get the problems fixed up and panel beat the dent out of the side, I'm gonna sell it while it still has relatively low Ks and get something better.

1987 camira wagon (drive to work car). The fuel gauge is busted, so I put $35 in it every 500km.

1990 4Runner RV6 (wanna buy it ??). 400km uses about 50 litres. Heaps of room goes pretty well.

2003 Navara turbodiesel. 820km to a 75 litre tank of juice...I'm in love.

ive currently got a 87 VL Commodore which im lucky to get 375kms out of a full tank.

Gorey, I have a mate who has an 88 Camry and it gets excellent fuel economy and i have thought about getting one myself. I don't need a car for looks or anything. All i want is something that is cheap to run and ill install a stereo then that will be it!

You're not gonna wanna buy one of these... but I got a 95 Suzuki Sierra which does 450 km with it's 40 litre fuel tank. Very cheap to run... had it 4 years and haven't had anything go wrong with it. Yeah it's small, but it gets me to uni back and forth everyday and gets me, 2 guitars, amp, quad etc to gigs... with the added ability to park in really small parking spaces that stupid commodores and falcons can't get in.