CARCASS

I've been waiting for this thread \m/

How much changed between what Colin delivered and the final product? ie any replacement/re-amping etc?
How were the original drum tones? (reason I'm interested is, there is potential for me to record on the same kit).
Was there much compromise between where you wanted to take it and what the band wanted (Given Jeff's vocal disdain for some of the current tools that can be used as shortcuts)

I've been waiting for this thread m/

How much changed between what Colin delivered and the final product? ie any replacement/re-amping etc?
How were the original drum tones? (reason I'm interested is, there is potential for me to record on the same kit).
Was there much compromise between where you wanted to take it and what the band wanted (Given Jeff's vocal disdain for some of the current tools that can be used as shortcuts)

Can't answer your question but just wanted to say you post 0.01 posts per day. :worship:

This album is AWESOME! Can't stop listening to it since I got it, I had to put it away for half an afternoon by listening to the entire Carcass discography in reverse chronological order, and then listened to it one more time. This is no Heartwork, no Necroticism, no Swansong, but it's Carcass 100%, and the influence of all the previous albums can be heard, as well as what I like to call the Carcass Factor, that groove/riff oriented songwriting that dominates all their albums despite the differences, even Reek of Putrefaction has that feel if you dig beneath the hard to distinguish what they're playing production values of that album.

Carcass is back, and in what a way!

This is album fucking rules.

Like a lovely mix of their last 3 albums.

Love how Carcass manage to make riffs with the classic Iron-maiden-diatonic-third harmonies sound heavy as shit.

Original version of 1985 and Thrashers Abattoir http://youtu.be/XULxK2g46k4?t=28m45s

That's awesome, it's funny how 1985 started out as a piece of crap almost 30 years ago hahaha and that "thrasher's abbatoir" has almost nothing to do with the one on the new album, probably the last riff is the only one that actually matches the "new" version, the rest and the lyrics/vocal melody is completely different, it's another song with the same name.