Caring for Kids Charity Event

NickDivision

Division Vocalist
Feb 20, 2004
DC
www.division-usa.com
On October 21st, the Caring for Kids Benefit will be held in Woodbridge, VA. This is a benefit to raise money and awareness for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.missingkids.com

The NCMEC is most commonly identified with their initiatives to protect and educate children and parents against the threats and dangers that exist in our world today. The Center has been responsible for development of many major child safety measures, including the Amber Alert system. Their site, www.missingkids.com includes a vast amount of literature and online education to help children and parents stay educated and safe.

The center is headquartered locally at The Charles B Wang International Building, located at 699 Prince Street in Alexandria, VA. Parties can contact the Center by phone at 1-800-THE-LOST.

Catklaw, Inc. and the Lou-Evil Psycles motorcycle club are excited to have the opportunity to benefit the National Center through this unique event. On October 21st, the event will begin with a Charity Motorcycle Ride, going through some of the scenic western end of Prince William County and ending at East Coast Billiards in Woodbridge, VA. Food and drinks will be available at the billiard hall, which will host the remainder of the day’s events.

From 4-7pm, the DC Roller Girls, the area’s professional Roller Derby team, will host a FREE Texas Hold’em Tournament, open to the public. There will be photographers, vendors and other entertainment provided during the tournament for those who don’t play cards. During the tournament, a raffle will be held to raise money for the Center, and to give away prizes donated by interested parties.

From 8pm till close, Panek Productions has lined up Re-Aligned, Hello Tokyo, Envy Insane, and Just Wanna Play to provide upbeat party rock and roll and alternative music. Each band has agreed to waive its usual appearance fees to help keep operations costs to a minimum. DC Sportbike Riders and Liberty Riders have also volunteered to assist with the ride as road captains to maintain safety during the ride portion of the event.

Throughout the event, cash and check donations will be accepted on behalf of the National Center.

The event coordinators are currently seeking donations. 100% of cash and check donations will go directly to the NCMEC. We are also looking for prizes for the raffle. Detailed receipts stating quantity and estimated value of the donations will be provided.

NCMEC is exempt from federal taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and has received a ruling that it is a publicly supported organization as described in sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.

Mike and I also play in Just Wanna Play, and I ride with Lou-Evil Psycles, so this is a huge event for us.

Information:

http://www.catklaw.com/charity

I'll be there!
Well, that's a given o_O

I meant I'll be there for the ride, too, not just the gig lol
I have the flyer/info taped onto my whiteboard @ work, and I'll be sendingdonation info to the Red Hat Society I'm part of, and so on.

*hugs*
You did awesome Nick; I'll take some lessons from you rofl