Carlos Santana & Metallica?

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
METALLICA Get Visit From CARLOS SANTANA

METALLICA welcomed a special guest to its Bay Area headquarters, fellow San Francisco legend Carlos Santana. The guitar legend is friends with the METALLICA boys and he stopped down on Wednesday (Jan. 22), but reports of a collaboration are premature. Sources say they're just friends, and chat focused around music industry stories and comparing yesterday's music to today's music.

Santana is set to perform at the Super Bowl on Sunday (January 26), and METALLICA played an impromptu show in Oakland before the Raiders-Tennessee Titans AFC Championship game last Sunday (Jan. 19). Could a Super Bowl collaboration be a last-minute coup? The band is pro-Raiders and even have a replica of Raiders wide receiver Jerry Rice's jersey hung up in the studio.

In a taped message, Lars offered fans three guesses as to who the band was auditioning for the vacant bass player position, but left people hanging in suspense. As previously reported, the band is auditioning bass players for its forthcoming studio album, which is expected late this summer. Studio duties are currently being handled by producer Bob Rock.

From Blabbermouth>Net

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Toilethead:
1. S.F. Symphony
2. that old white chick
3. some G-squad rapper homie
4. Santana?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .............................................................Good Question, they always break more & more trends, except this one: The go back to the basic's, & play heavier Music trend!

I accually didn't mind the symphony thing with the exception that the guitars were drowned out on a lot of the songs. Fuel IMO sounds better with the symphony. I think it would sound even better if the cd's was a studio one and not recorded live.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
I've been hearing a rumor, that the new Metallica is heavier.........
Fact or Fiction?

WORDS FROM METALLICA
In an Entertainment weekly article called "Forecast '03",Metallica and their new album are mentioned and James and Lars are briefly interviewed.
"Heavy Mettle-Therapy helps a kinder,gentler Metallica Rock louder and harder"

What's been the biggest change in Metallica while recording their first album of original material since 1997's triple platinum Reload? "There are group hugs every f---ing day," offers drummer Lars Ulrich. "We're making up for 19 years of no physical contact." Indeed,now might be the time to squeeze in a little love: One of Rock's heaviest bands is emerging from a particularly brutal period during which one member quit(Newsted) and another checked into rehab.(James)

Calling the emerging music "unadulterated" and "more aggro", the Bay Area bashers describe a new conviviality in the studio.

James:"For lyric writing,overdubs,vocals,and everything,we're hanging out,and it's cool."

The band has even enlisted the aid of a "performance coach" to keep the harmony flowing.

Lars:"It's not like how the Beatles went to India and stuff, it's a guy that can help us be the best we can be, post-tough times."

Entertainment weekly has the new album as coming out in June.

I heard that song "Dead Kenney Roll" they posted a while back and it was kinda heavy. I mean they tuned their guitars down a little bit more, but that's about it ..... I guess we'll have to wait and see in a few years when they release their record :err:

Originally posted by Testament Legions
One guess for bassist - David Ellefson formerly of Megadeth?

Glad you brought that up:

BASSIST RUMORS
The radio station 97.1 The eagle rocks reports that Metallica are rumored to have recruited Ozzy Osbourne's friend Rob Trujillo as their new bass player.
Sources tell British rock magazine Kerrang! that Trujillo - who has played with Suicidal Tendencies as well as the legendary bat-muncher, has had three auditions with the band.

While a final decision has yet to be made, it seems likely that drummer Lars Ulrich and singer James Hetfield would like Trujillo to become a full-time member of the "Enter Sandman" rockers.

Other names linked with the position, previously occupied by Jason Newsted, include ex-Alice in Chains man Mike Inez, Unida's Scott Reader and one-time Armoured Saint bassist Joey Vera.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
I've been hearing a rumor, that the new Metallica is heavier.........
Fact or Fiction?

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm definetly not gonna rush out and buy the thing like I did with Load(of weenie rock). Been let down too many times by them I guess. Trying to stay positive here...just a little sceptical....