3 - Burn Them Alive

4 - Waiting For Sundown

5 - Exploding Veins

6 - Sacred Flames

7 - Inhuman

8 - Final Hour In Hell

9 - Totally Worthless

10. The Strength of Misery

CARNAL FORGE are one of those rare metal bands that are out there, still producing quality, and proving that there is hope for real metal within all the carbon copy bands being spewed forth at rapid rates to make that quick buck. This is extreme thrash metal, and CARNAL FORGE should go synonymous with that term. Why they aren’t more of a household name yet is way beyond my comprehension. What CARNAL FORGE does, they do it extremely well. Not to sound like I’m kissing some PR ass, but they really do blend the best of Bay Area thrash, hardcore influenced vocals and breakdowns, and melodies influenced by Swedish death metal. They provide you with plenty of savage grooves that dance around some intense and memorable dueling guitar wizardry. The fast drum blitzes blend into some creative groove orientated drum work. And the bass is high in the mix, chugging and making its own melodies in the background. The vocals have that hardcore twinge to them, and yet can be described as more of a death growl at times. Think of something akin to THE HAUNTED. Apparently, since the release of the new album, vocalist Jonas has decided to take leave of the band after seven years, and a new vocalist has stepped in to tour. We will see what happens with that.

CARNAL FORGE has once again produced a worthy piece of metal that proves that they are ready to overtake the kingdom of thrash. Although, they lack a lot of originality, as much of their style has been done over and over again; CARNAL FORGE has one main thing going for them. They do it quite well. Beat that, all you cookie cutter bands out there. This is something that will leave you coming back for more and more, and if they only had a different name and more buzz from a bigger label, they would be going a lot farther. But, as it stands, CARNAL FORGE is a name to be reckoned with, and are poised to take over one more time.

Rating:8.7 /10

Evil C