Carpathian Forest will be Anathema support in Warsaw

That's weird... :ill:

carpathian_f_studio01.jpg

they're kult alright, but supporting anathema... i don't think danny will like that. anyways, i dunno...

carppic2.jpg

oh come on! :yell: :yell:

Can you imagine this guy opening for the band who sings "its been a long cold winter without you, i've been crying on the inside over you" and such.

like, really?

this was just one close minded post, I admit I haven't heard the music.

yes think too, that doesnt fit at all,... but well, green carnation and carpathian forest have 2 members in common (tschort and the drummer as far as I remember)... anyway, say hi to Kjetil (Green Carnation singer), he's a nice dude and has a great voice :)

Although I also think it's a little bit funny, it's even funnier if you think if a soft band were to open for a heavier band and fans of this heavier band would complain, in a minute they would be accused of being close-minded. Which is not the case for vice versa situation.

It's weird somehow.

Crack Hitler said:
this was just one close minded post, I admit I haven't heard the music.
Haha, funny, I haven't seen him saying this. I guess I couldn't distinguish it from the sig, it's kinda hard in this layout.

Anyway...

fye said:
Although I also think it's a little bit funny, it's even funnier if you think if a soft band were to open for a heavier band and fans of this heavier band would complain, in a minute they would be accused of being close-minded. Which is not the case for vice versa situation.

It's weird somehow.
I'm pretty sure it works both ways. I bet some snobbish brit-poppers would be kinda upset and 'close-minded' if they got opening act in the vein of meshuggah or nailbomb or whatever. I remember a few years back when Prodigy played here, HIM was the opening act (that was before their debut I think). And them comments I heard were pretty negative and not too gentle, close-minded one could say. Granted, HIM ain't that heavy, but for some fans of the prodigy it was enough...
It all comes down just to the fact what bands fit together. I don't mean that I'd enjoy more if them all bands played similar music, but they shouldn't just randomly select them either. Plus, if Anathema really wants to get rid of the metal-tag like we've heard, it doesn't necessarily help having pandametallers opening for them, you know?