Cascade FAT HEAD [?]

Sloan

Sounds like shit!
Oct 22, 2006
Atlanta, GA
www.sloanstewart.com
Hey brodudes,

Anyone here have experience with those Cascade FAT HEAD and FAT HEAD II ribbon mics?

I've read a lot of printed jizzing about them and wanted to get some input from fellow forumites.

PEACE OUT.

:erk:

I usually have like 2146247 tabs open on this shit, so I was posting and searching at the same time for MAX EFFICIENCY.

Somebody here has a FAT HEAD, but it doesn't look like there were any clips posted or anything. <._.>

i just bought a pair of fathead II's, haven't tried them out too much yet though. i recorded some acoustic guitar on my tascam tsr8 (that i got a REALLY good deal on), and they sounded really good. but nothing digital yet. i'm going to use them as an M/S pair on drums for a session i have coming up in a couple of weeks, so i could throw something up when i do that.
if i have some time during normal hours i'll throw them up on my halfstack and see how they sound on guitar, but it's after midnight and i don't think the neighbors in my apartment would be too happy.

i too have heard a lot of 'printed jizzing' about the fat head. it seems like it's what people go for if they can't afford the royer 121. i got a chance to see someone do side by side comparisons with the royer and a couple other mics on a fender deluxe and the royer was definitely the shit. it had less high end for sure, but it was the nasty kind of highs that you don't usually want that were reduced