Casey, Australian Idol's resident metalhead

I remember back when I lived at my sister's place and watched Channel V there, they made numerous mentions to his time in a band.. but never said any names.... I was always curious cause he definately had the "metal look" down

I spent an afternoon talking to Andrew G. It was the night of the Evanescence show in Jan. I hung out at Channel V for most of the arvo and was talking to him. He noticed my Dream Theater shirt and was asking about em. He had heard a few songs apparently.

He also likes to tell a story. Told me about how he was partying till 5am the night before and ended up sleeping on the beach. Woke up with a massive hang over and went for a swim to shake it off cause he had to get to work at [V]. I didn't care for his stories, but he was ok. Once you start talking to him and he realises you are a semi cool guy, he will just keep talking and talking. Then take a photo with a crazed 13 year old fan... then keep talking and talking

I just went to [V]'s website. Go to their Clip Library, and they actually have alot of Maiden clips on file for request. I guess if a few people request em, they will play em. They even have Wicker Man and Wildest Dreams.

I'm gunna go on a requesting frenzy to see if they actually get played! Go do it

Was it Andrew G that hosted that metal show on Channel V (can't for the life of me remember what it was called) before that chick?

Trivia note: on the AI website last year he said his idol was Yngwie Malmsteen.

Andrew G was at Back In The Day a few months ago. He was totally hammered, rockin' out to Motley Crue & KISS, then jumped up to the DJ booth and asked Paul to play him some Iron Maiden, which he did, and he was so excited. He's definitely an old school rocker at heart.

Goreripper said:
Channel V has a fuckload of clips. When I did one of their shows once I almost couldn't decide what to play. I don't think some of them have been played since. :lol:
Murderdolls were the best guest programmers on that! They played Faster Pussycat, Motley Crue & Skid Row and talked about hair bands!

:headbang: