CasketGarden - The Non-Existent

Perkele

Myself
Aug 27, 2002
In Hell
CasketGarden - The Non-Existent
by Perkele

casketg.jpg

The Hungarians CasketGarden were formed in 1998. During the last few years, they've recorded two demos that received very good reviews in several fanzines and online magazines. They always wanted to combine the power of death metal with the melodies of heavy metal but you can also feel a bit of doom in their music - but there is also a light black metal feeling concerning to the vocals. In short, they tried to capture the essence of all the above mentioned styles and produce their own kind of music.

This is their third demo now, and as usual their music is the easiest to describe as melodic death metal. Due to the distorted bass and to all the other low tuned instruments, the demo sounds a bit too deep in places. Because of this, sometimes the drums also sound too dry. But if you can get behind the hollow voice you will find fine melodic death metal. What's more, it's also technical and a touch progressive too. They put only 3 tracks on this demo but all of them are well-built, structured songs with varied themes and several rhythm changes. They built together the dry, simplier, fast rhythms with catchy, varied melodies that will stick in your head. Their music is sweeping and energetic heated with anger and aggression. István's thrashy vocals fit to this music perfectly. They also wrote interesting lyrics so really, I can't find any wrong point in The Non-Existent than the above mentioned sound.

My favourite track is the '7th Scar'.

They mention At The Gates and Dismember among their influences but we might have mentioned some other Swedish names, though they would also stand the test against similar, well-known bands.

1. Non-Existent
2. The Day When Silence Died
3. 7th Scar

A short biography about the band can be found here.