CASTLE: 'Under Siege' Cover Art, Track Listing Revealed

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Heavy metal cultists CASTLE have unveiled additional details about their upcoming album, "Under Siege", scheduled for release on May 20 via Prosthetic Records in North America. The CD, which was recorded at Sharkbite Studios in Oakland, California with producer/mixer Billy Anderson (CATHEDRAL, SLEEP), features cover artwork from Russian symbolic painter Denis Forkas Kostromitin (BEHEMOTH), with whom the band previously collaborated with on their Juno-nominated 2012 release "Blacklands". While holding onto their darkened and sophisticated classic metal roots, CASTLE further develops their sound with each of the eight tracks of "Under Siege" by adding punishing riffs and hauntingly melodic passages complimented by Liz Blackwell's full blooded vocals. Blackwell says: "On this record, I wanted to summon the powerful and unrelenting feeling I get while playing live. I was casting out demons and stating my position in life.""Under Siege" track listing:01. Distant Attack (3:48)02. Be My Ghost (4:06)03. A Killing Pace (4:27)04. Pyramid Lake (4:18)05. Powersigns (3:54)06. Labyrinth Of Death (4:30)07. Temple Of The Lost (4:46)08. Evil Ways (4:02)
castlesiegecd.jpg

More...