Castronovo talks Perry

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
DEEN CASTRONOVO TALKS STEVE PERRY, WHO IS SET FOR NEW GUEST ALBUM APPEARANCE:
Journey
drummer Deen Castronovo talks to Sweden's Metal Shrine Blog about the band's new album and in this excerpt, singing while drumming on stage:
"The funny thing is, since I´ve done these songs for so long, I know exactly when to breathe, I know exactly how much air I need to get to get those songs out. Usually the drumming is like autopilot. I´m concentrating on singing the best I can and if you don´t, the fans will crucify you! I´m not even close to Steve Perry, nobody is! He´s a god and always will be, but I do my best and I try to bring the songs out as close as I can to the original, but of course I´ll never be Steve Perry, but I wish I was! He was an icon and still is an icon. One of my big influences. It´s just where you place your breathing and the drums take the backseat." Interview:
metalshrineblogg.blogspot.com/2011/07/intervju-med-deen-castronovo-i-journey.html#links

In related news, Journey's reclusive former vocalist Steve Perry will make a rare guest appearance on the upcoming solo album by ex-Antigone Rising singer Cassidy. Follow the Freedom, which is due out this fall, not only features Perry on its title track, but he was involved in mixing the album, as well.
NewsLink:
www.b1027.com/music/rock-report/17596-steve-perry-a-rare-journey.html.