CATL News

CATL

Postmeridian and Weary
Mar 12, 2006
Washington
Conversations About the Light:
The "Barren Eyelids Flowering" 3" is available now from Cipher Productions, and can be pre-ordered from www.catlprod.com for $8 ppd. I will ship these as soon as I receive my copies.
sic30.jpg

CATL's calming ambience is obviously captivating, but 'Barren Eyelids Flowering' taints the usually pristine CATL shimmer with some gruesome streaks of noise. The end product somehow retains the usual dreamlike quality but roughly rips holes of harshness in the sound, the two coexisting for an end product I didn't think possible. Packaged in a handmade paper sleeve and wax sealed. Limited to 100 copies.

www.ominousrecordings.com will release a Conversations About the Light collection CD in 2007. This release will bring all of CATL's out of print and unreleased material together, completely mastered for the first time, with the exception of "Memories out of Context," which is still available from several online vendors.

I'm still hard at work on "The Fabulist Collage", Conversations About the Light's second full length release. This release will see guest contributions from Bernt and Marius of Formloff, Paul from Scald and Jason from Agalloch. No release date is set at this time.

Conversations About the Light has also entered into a collaboration with Kenji Siratori, author of such books as Blood Electric and Human Worms. CATL will supply the soundtrack to Kenji's spoken word. No release date is set at this time.

Marius Sjøli (mariussj at gmail.com) recently did some design work for CATL, including this banner and logo:
1423833735_l.gif

He does amazing work, so anyone in need of design work should get in contact.

Will check out further.

BTW Robert, thanks for the "A Crown of Light" cd, I haven't had time to get around to it, but I appreciate the gesture and will give it a listen or two soon enough.

Not a problem, hopefully you find something you like on the disc. I definitely enjoyed the Katatonia/Agalloch tickets, so thanks again for those.