CAVE BLIND - The Golden Axe (2020) - Raw, primitive, catchy heavy/speed black metal !

Gordonlord

New Metal Member
Aug 6, 2020
If you want to try something very simple, very old-school and raw, but yet (I hope) catchy, try new album of my one-man band project CAVE BLIND "The Golden Axe".

I am not even musician, not professional at all - but very passionate fan to raw, primitive 80´s metal, with hooks and memorable riffs/choruses. So I try to do music by myself. For a lack of tecxhnical understanding and money, I even recorded my first albums on cheap photo-camera. This is first release made by nowdays technology.

My inspirations are very early Bathory, Running Wild, Grave Digger and Manowar, with darkened touch.

Listen to the whole new album "The Golden Axe" here :

If you like it, I will much appreciate if you hit the like for my facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/caveblind

The Golden Axe (Remaster).jpg

Hi,Gordonlord.I like your title song "Golden axe" pretty much.Good start for first time
one-man project.I would like to know what equipment and programs you used.
Regards,Megallon.

Hi,Gordonlord.I like your title song "Golden axe" pretty much.Good start for first time
one-man project.I would like to know what equipment and programs you used.
Regards,Megallon.
Hi Megallon!

Thank you very much, it means a lot to me !!!

I used some chep Jackson guitar, recorded straight to Fl Studio 10, with "Emissary" and "NadIr" plugis attached. Bass lines was recorded on that guitar also.

Hi Gordonlord,

You're welcome.Golden axe of thunder reads like your tribute to Manowar from 80's,one of
my favorite bands ever.
I'll have to try Fl Studio 10 in one of my projects - thank you.
Perhaps you're not a pro yet- but remember,I said yet.
Keep practicing and learning-it's of utmost importance.Never loose faith in yourself.
I can recommend you couple of very good books about rhythm and solo HM guitar-
of course,if you're interested.
If you have enough theoretical knowledge,forget it-I just want to help if I can,not to be pushy.
Anyway,I'll show your project to some of my friends-in my country,there is no metal band
worth mentioning,so it's hard to find other band members.
It seems so easy to forget that Scandinavia-especially Sweden- is one of rare places where
EU metal is kicking hard-with some of the finest studios in the world.Of course,
all bands lyrics are on English.
See you around,M.

Hi Gordonlord,

You're welcome.Golden axe of thunder reads like your tribute to Manowar from 80's,one of
my favorite bands ever.
I'll have to try Fl Studio 10 in one of my projects - thank you.
Perhaps you're not a pro yet- but remember,I said yet.
Keep practicing and learning-it's of utmost importance.Never loose faith in yourself.
I can recommend you couple of very good books about rhythm and solo HM guitar-
of course,if you're interested.
If you have enough theoretical knowledge,forget it-I just want to help if I can,not to be pushy.
Anyway,I'll show your project to some of my friends-in my country,there is no metal band
worth mentioning,so it's hard to find other band members.
It seems so easy to forget that Scandinavia-especially Sweden- is one of rare places where
EU metal is kicking hard-with some of the finest studios in the world.Of course,
all bands lyrics are on English.
See you around,M.

I totally love Manowar ! And they were absolutelly my big influances during songwriting. alongside with old Bathory or RunningWild !

Thank you very much in your support !! If you have some good recomandations, I will be happy to check them. My knowledge about music theory is not so great :-D

Where are you from ?

You're welcome.I can recommend Hal Leonard books(Publisher)-Troy Stetina series-books in
tablature with DVDs - HM lead guitar 1&2,HM rhytm guitar 1&2,later on,Speed Metal -
in fact,this book is about classical music,eg Fugue and Toccata-Bach,played on heavy guitar
with lot of tapping.HM solo guitar goes from basics to advanced solos and short full songs,with
almost every scale possible explained in easy understandable way.I had these books almost 32
years ago,they are still here.Also,search for HM bass guitar and HM drums,comes with audio examples,like all of this books,of every exercise.So much for now.
Have a good fun!