CBS' Rock Star

eighteeschick

Jul 12, 2005
Jersey Baby
I just read on the Motley Crue site that CBS' Rock Star (2nd season to begin in the summer) will include Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted and Gilby Clark who form the band Supernova and will be auditioning for a singer out of 16 hopefuls. Dave Navarro will be a judge with Lee, Newsted and Clark and there will be celebrity guests like Moby and Rob Zombie to add their two cents as well. They'll record a album produced and co-written by Butch Walker who produced albums for Avril Laveigne (or however the hell you spell that name) and Pink. Then in early 2007 they will do a world tour.

I'm assuming this band was created only for this purpose but it doesn't say anyting one way or the other.

I didn't watch the first season of Rock Star cause I really don't care who sings for INXS - never a fan of theirs - but I think I'll be checking this out because I like Jason Newsted and Tommy Lee.

If this was posted before, I apologize for the double post. I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Very first episode of the INXS Rockstar I picked out the guy that would eventually win. I just thought to myself "He looks like the guy, he's gonna win." From what I've heard of Gilby's solo stuff it seems pretty good, lyrics are a little goofy but I've been meaning to pick up a couple cds anyways. I could do without ever hearing another thing about Tommy Lee though, I wish he would just go away. You can bet I'll watch this show anyways.

Anything that Jason is involved in will surely include good musicianship, and METAL!! Tommy Lee is not that great of a drummer, but he has alot of tats so he cant be all bad...The rest I have no opinion of. Dont care either way. Will have to check it out though.

Anyone remember Henry Rollins's spoken-word album Think Tank? He talks about - long before "Survivor" - people don't want reality on television. One line went something like, "Imagine a show like 'Your Shitty Job' - 'Factory,' which shows a guy putting labels on cans for an hour." Even the mighty Rollins can be wrong once in a while.

Pawnshop guitars = good album

Anyway, I find it incredilbly cheesy for musicians to participate in these cheesy reality shows... Are they making a real band?? Do they expect to be taken seriously???? Almost as comical as supergroup....