CD price!

Witchhunter

Jul 14, 2004
Split,Croatia
What's the price of new CD in your country?And is that consider cheap,expensive or you can say that's a fair price.
In Split,Croatia prices in CD shop goes about 135-139 Kuna(23US$,19EUR).Average monthly pay is about 500EUR so price of CD is way to high in my opinion.That's why I buy allmost all CDs on internet shops(e-bay or The End records)

12 to 20 Euros (15 to 25 $) in France... but I can get some new albums in used shop for 6 to 10 Euros (7,5 to 12$)

I just went to a store on Sunday, and was like 8500-12500 colones ($17.5-25.73; €13.96-20.53)

Of course I NEVER (or very seldom) bought CDs in a local store. If I bought online I'm paying US S&H (fron none with The End to $6.99 on CDUniverse) plus $10 courier/pkg from my address in Miami.
Lately I discovered that our Postal Office is not that unreliable as used to be and I'm taking chances ordering directly home ($10.99 CDUniverse).

So basically I'm always playing with the S&H/availability to ensure that the final price of an album in my hands is not over $18.

Wasn't there was supposedly some big lawsuit a couple of years ago that was going to bring cd prices down? I wonder whatever happened to that...

if you buy from Sanity.. they are like 30 aussie bucks
if you buy from JB HiFI (where i buy mine from)... they range from 10 bucks through to 30
if you buy from Dirt Cheap Cd's (where i go to buy old cds form bands that arent popular) then they are 10 aussie bucks

i will spend 15 buck no problem on a cd, but i have to REALLY want a cd to spend 30 aussie bucks on it!

30 aussie bucks = 22.4416 USD
10 aussie bucks = 7.48090 USD

yeah.... im a bit cheap, but o well

well Tower records here average price of a new cd is $15.99-$23.99. If they have a sale it's about $11.99-14.99

Virgin Records is about the same.

I like Ameoba cuz they have a great used cd and they gaurantee play
I picked up some DT for $12 as the new ones were $17

kittybeast said:
well Tower records here average price of a new cd is $15.99-$23.99. If they have a sale it's about $11.99-14.99

Virgin Records is about the same.

I like Ameoba cuz they have a great used cd and they gaurantee play
I picked up some DT for $12 as the new ones were $17

I shop at Tower, but they suck (ha), and they have mall prices. Ameoba, on the other hand, is the best record store I've ever been too. Best off, they always give a good deal in trade (comparatively speaking). I know you guys have one down there now Kittybeast, and to be frank I have meant to ask you if you like it. I think they are the bomb, as the kids say these days. L.A. has the first one outside the Bay Area (SF and Berkeley both have stores). Also, Streetlight records here is at least ok.

Anyway, some prices I've paid of late were:
$11.99 for the new Opeth (best buy)
$13.99 for Nevermore (Tower)
...and that's about as steep as I let 'em get. Now and again I'll pay more, but you can usually go used at Ameoba, even with new releases sometimes. I've gotten new stuff the day after it came out there....

The three local CD stores (Hastings, CD World (yeah.. used and new), and Musicland (Yuck!) don't have much in the way of the latest in metal releases so I am getting most of my treasures online via eBay etc.

I've been a cheapass lately I either trade, get promos or buy them used but
I recently purchased Arch Enemy's new one for $11.99 gonna try to get the new
Black Dahlia Murder cd when I get my finances in check cause they smoked the
2nd stage at ozzfest and the new COB cd next month.

ElectricWiz said:
. I know you guys have one down there now Kittybeast, and to be frank I have meant to ask you if you like it. ok.

I LOVE AMEOBA!! I used to shop the one in Berkeley when I lived in Santa Rosa and swung by the S.F. store when in the area. I try to get to the L.A. Ameoba about once a month but as you know it sure hurt your wallet.

This last haul I got so many cds and dvds they gave me a free tote bag!!
I got the ltd. ed. Enemies of Reality w/ new remix cd for $12 at DT for $12 and one for $7 also a couple Edguy cd's for under $14.... The Simpson's "Bart Wars" for $4, season 3 of the Shield for $35 and more stuff.

Grrr, that Amoeba place sounds like my kind of dumpster. I wish I have one here :(

Wyvern said:
Grrr, that Amoeba place sounds like my kind of dumpster. I wish I have one here :(

Actually, it's just plain amazing. It's a freaking wharehouse sized place. Stock full of records, CDs, DVDs.....it's massive.

ElectricWiz said:
Actually, it's just plain amazing. It's a freaking wharehouse sized place. Stock full of records, CDs, DVDs.....it's massive.

new and used on all, old memorabilia for sale, poster, old 33 jazz, all genres, cassettes it's just DISNEYLAND FOR MUSIC APPRECIATORS!!

kittybeast said:
I suppose I can take pictures of the place next time I'm there but I think it would make you all mad :D

Yes it will
a025.gif

It ranges from about 16,95€ (big online stores) to about 23€ (actual record stores). I mostly buy midprice/used cds anyway, but I try to get the big new releases (say, Gamma Ray, Helloween this fall) from smaller local record stores instead of the evil faceless multinational companies. :D